Highlighted
erinmcadam
1 Nickel

Inspiron 7567 crackling/popping audio

I know this is an issue reported several times, and thought I've found a fix it's not a fully functional option. I know that the issue lies in the Realtek drivers because switching to the native windows drivers stopped it from happening, BUT when i switched drivers, I was no longer able to use external microphones (like on my headset), which was an issue so i reverted back to the realtek ones (fixed the mic problem). What are my options here? Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
apandey287
2 Iron

Re: Inspiron 7567 crackling/popping audio

Uninstall "Smartbyte" and any application with the name "rivet".

If you don't have these, then wait for a driver update.

0 Kudos
erinmcadam
1 Nickel

I found it and uninstalled it - we'll see if it fixes it. The issue is sporadic so I'll update later if it's a fix Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
apandey287
2 Iron

Cool

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Because of other folks having problems, I intentionally installed the May 18 Smartbyte optional driver on my system.

It does cause static which seems to happen about every 3 seconds.  I could stop it by disabling RNDBMW.exe which is part of the Smartbyte diagnostics.

So, it was never doubted and now confirmed a system running Smartbyte has a problem with the sound.  But the question remains, how did you get it on your system?  I know where mine came from since I manually installed it.  But it was never on this system originally.

It is listed twice in the Apps on the start menu by Smartbyte Diagnostics and under the Rivet Networks folder.

This does not, however, rule out the possibility another problem is involved with other sound situations.

Who has the e-mail for the Killer Wireless representative?

rnd

bmw

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos