Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 7567 processor fan not responding

Hello, I have had my inspiron for about a week and now, when i turned it on i get a message from the BIOS saying that my processor fan was not responding. I would appreciate some help or resources.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Inspiron 7567 processor fan not responding

Hi Tiller112,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not working as expected.  Please perform a systems diagnostics by pressing F12 at startup or by running Dell Support Assist.  

The fan will run at optimized performance automatically when there is a change in temperature & when it reaches a set temperature.  If the fan is still not running you could update the bios from this link http://dell.to/2ueCzpY 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I've had this same problem since I bought my 7567 last year, I've updated bios I'm on 1.8.1. all my drivers are up to date. could this be as simple as a loose connector? Is the fan just bad? I've seen a lot of reference to this issue around the internet. Is there a known solution? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

RomeoKilo125,

Did you run the diagnostics on the fan? Click the link below for troubleshooting fan issues.

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

0 Kudos