Highlighted
MartinBulgaria
1 Copper

Inspiron 7567 screen problem and then cannot turn it on

Hello! So I first things first I got my laptop and after 2 weeks the laptop started to freeze in the process of work(screen flickering , some lines on the screen, black squares all over the screen and so on) and afterwards it didnt start at all. I was able to get it into the diagnostics mode and I saw that I had faulty memory(Error 122) but I gave it to warranty service and they replaced the bad memory. One week later laptop starts to behave the same way , but this time it says in diagnostics that no problems were found but immediately after or during the tests it freezes again. I am hugely dissapointed and dont know what to do.
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartinBulgaria
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7567 screen problem and then cannot turn it on

9AADB8B0-C729-444C-B7C3-E1E077821DC2.jpegHere are some photos of the topic

2E2F42F3-B350-42F8-8907-BCE9151FC38C.jpeg

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Right now I can't see your attachments.  They may show up later, after being approved.

The first thing which comes to mind for me is, if you were running your system with bad memory, you system may have become corrupted in some manner.  I think I would open and admin command prompt and do a system file check.  Let us know what it shows.

If you still cannot start the system, try removing or inserting the power supply since that can cause a system to exhibit strange behavior at times.

Do you have any backup media, such as a Win 10 recovery drive?

If you can get back into the OS, you might use msconfig.exe to set the system to boot using only Microsoft components, just for testing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
MartinBulgaria
1 Copper

So I made the file check and I got no problems(Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity problems).I can use the laptop for hour maximum , but then it freezes and I have to wait like 15 minutes before starting it again which is pretty annoying.

0 Kudos
DAllein
1 Nickel

It is definitely a hardware problem - bring your Laptop to service center again.

Either it is another case of bad RAM (memory tests are not always reliable), or something is wrong with the mainboard.

0 Kudos
fr4nk1yn
1 Nickel

I'd probably start by taking the bottom panel off and making sure the fans aren't dirty as it almost sounds like an overheating issue. There's not a lot of room on the fan intakes so I'd guess the computer has to be on a hard flat surface not to block them.

If they're clean and unobstructed than I'd ring customer support again.

0 Kudos