Inspiron

Last reply by 10-12-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Inspiron 7567 turns back ON when unplugged

If I close and open the lid quickly, the laptop will sleep/shut down and the power button will not work. Sometimes, even though I have a cooling pad and the laptop can usually handle hours of gaming, the laptop will shut down randomly within 30 minutes of starting a game.

Here's the weird part: after these unexpected shutdowns, if I unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds without pressing any buttons, the laptop will turn itself back ON. Why do these shutdowns happen, why does the power button stop working, and why does unplugging the power fix it?

Labels (5)
Replies (10)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the same problem, I even factory reset, re install windows, and update the BIOS and the problem persist. I added RAM memory a couple of months ago, so I don't know if this may be related.

Did you found a way to solve it?

Thank you!

4 Beryllium

Turn off a fast startup, in your Power configuration. Set your Power button the 'shut down. set your Lid Close to shut down Actually you should shut down before closing your lid. Your not saving much if any time using Hybrid sleep or sleep or Hibernation, A quality SSD will boot up fast enough. 

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

I actually added ram to mine as well, but I think I tried removing it and the problem persists....

When I do both of those things, and I unplug the power, the computer starts again even if I leave the lid closed. I can tell because it lights up and my mouse lights up too.

That's all I got, Maybe someone else has better ideas

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi!

I had this problem. Replace the cable inbetween the battery and the motherboard.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!! Do you have a link to the part or maybe a name for it that I can search?

I purchased the cable and replaced it, sorry to say that this did not fix my problem. Thanks anyways!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor