Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 7577 7700

Alright, I just like this laptop and its the best laptop that Ive ever had. There is a little thing that annoys me though. Sometimes, It just freezes suddenly for a brief second. Like the screen for 1 second and moves on. It annoys me so much when I watch a video or doing some tasks. Possibly didnt occur on gaming. What is up with this and can someone help me?

Regards

2.3K Posts

February 17th, 2018 11:00

You have 2 graphics chips inside. One from Intel built into the CPU and one from the big green team. They use Optimus technology to switch between the two depending on what you are doing. The problem is there is a glitch when switching and that is causing the stuttering. Intel and Microsoft are supposedly working on it but Intel has been busy with the Meltdown and Spectre patches and Microsoft is being Microsoft.

7 Posts

February 17th, 2018 10:00

No one knows?!

5 Posts

February 17th, 2018 11:00

murat can u play check in device manager what audio driver version u use if u dont have problems with your audio also have u tried doing conference calls on discord or skype have u experienced anything wrong with the mic or something i would be glad if so i have same model and have some problems with mic in conference calls thanks in advance

7 Posts

February 19th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for the information. Although it is odd that Dell has a problem such as this, Ive never experienced a problem like this with Asus or something else. Such a shame a beautiful machine has this minor setback.

7 Posts

February 19th, 2018 14:00

All Realtek drivers and didnt have an issue with Discord or Facebook Video Chat or something. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers? Thanks.

1 Message

February 20th, 2018 21:00

I have the laptop as well, the new 7577 with the Max-Q and it has been working splendidly. I do, however, have the same problem as yours, but my screen freezes aren't really random. They mostly happen when I right click on the desktop. I know, it sounds crazy. I can right-click anywhere without any problems (in apps, mid games, other windows, even on the taskbar) but as soon as I right click the desktop itself the screen freezes for a second before showing me the options. Weirdly enough, if I right click on any of the shortcuts on the desktop, everything goes according to plan, but when I right click on the desktop where there is nothing there and it has to pop up the options about personalizing my desktop, making new folders and files, going on graphics settings, etc. the screen freezes for about a second and then the options pop up. Are you having the same problem?

55 Posts

February 21st, 2018 05:00

As others already said, it's a known problem and Intel is working on a bugfix. They say the fix may release in March/April: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2018 16:00

Correct, I have the same thing. When I click to the right mouse, it always like always freeze. We gotta wait for the patch I think. :)

March 9th, 2018 17:00

I think the Intel Graphics shortcut on right click in desktop was the culprit you are talking about. If you want to try, open Registry Editor (type regedit in Start) then go to
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. From there delete the "igfxcui" folder then restart. The Intel shortcut will disappear on right click, lag will also go away. 

1 Message

March 14th, 2018 09:00

I brought this new Dell 7577 with Max-Q but sometimes the screen freezes and even the video play gives werid glitches which truly sad to see them on such premium machine 

No Events found!