Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

6 Posts

February 16th, 2019 17:00

Inspiron 7577 Bluetooth Functionality Disappeared

I have no idea what just happened but two nights ago I was using an Xbox One controller to play on my laptop. It was connected wirelessly. However, it wasn't connecting when I tried to the next morning. I found out that the there is not toggle for Bluetooth in the settings. So I went to Device Manager, disabled the driver, then re-enabled it. That didn't work. I tried uninstalling it then rebooting my device. It didn't re-install and it's not showing up when I toggle "Show hidden devices." I looked up drivers online, installed them, but that did not work either. It's as if I never had Bluetooth capability on my laptop.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 18th, 2019 06:00

NRMA,

Click the link below to watch the youtube video. It is not a Dell video but is helpful.

Bluetooth Not working disappeared! Fix - Howtosolveit

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

1 Message

February 18th, 2019 18:00

I am having the same issue since yesterday. Same PC Model, so I believe you are not alone. This seems to be like some corrupt update. Have you figured out what's up with this?

6 Posts

February 19th, 2019 16:00

Sorry, I haven't found a solution yet.

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2021 13:00

while it is 2 years old chain, but it is the only one here on dell community with the right subject.
suddenly after recent win10 updates, my Bluetooth settings page does not have turn On/Off switch, and all blue tooth devices are "turned off". well, they did work a week ago.
some buggy recent win10 update 2021-02 or 2021-03 killed them.
I did all the step described in the chain recommendation (latest drivers; stop/run drivers, etc.). No luck.
what could be the next step?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

March 24th, 2021 03:00

1. Open device manager (type it into the search bar on the bottom left or hit Windows+R and type devmgmt.msc)

2. Click 'View' on the top, and select 'Show Hidden Devices'

3. If Bluetooth pops up (which it did for me, thankfully), click on it. Right click each of the tabs that appears under Bluetooth and uninstall ALL of them.

4. Restart your computer. The computer will automatically re-install everything.

If device manager doesn’t show Bluetooth, go to BIOS interface to check if Bluetooth has been disabled.
If Bluetooth does exists, you need to contact manufacturer support for help.

5 Posts

March 27th, 2021 12:00

I have the same issue.. 2 days ago I restarted the computer, reinstalled the drivers and restarted again, it worked, but happened again right now...

I`m checking everytime to see if DELL launches a new driver...

No Events found!