Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2018 11:00

Inspiron 7577 Nvidia GTX 1060 Max Q Code 43 Error

Recently I got a new monitor and tried to use HDMI for the first time for my Inspiron 7577, yet the monitor got no signal. I checked Windows device manager and found out that the Geforce 1060 has a code 43 error.

I had installed and reinstalled the OEM driver and tried numerous solutions on this and other forums, yet the problem persists. So I contacted Dell support and the staff used remote control trying to reinstall my drivers but the error persists. And the Dell support staff told me to send to Dell for repair since I'm still in warranty. I shipped my laptop last week.

After a week, Dell sent my laptop back claiming that they had fixed the issue after reinstalling my operation system (Windows 10) and installing the driver. Yet when I booted into the laptop, going through the standard Window 10 setup, there was no driver installed. I tried to install the official driver from Dell but the problem was not solved. Yet the paper from Dell says that "Prior to shipment your system was tested for full functionality".

After reading many similar threads and particularly this one - https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/dell-7577-gtx1060-error-43-in-device-manager/td-p/5884806 - I'm suspecting that this indeed is a hardware issue and my card needs to be replaced, but Dell Repair has told me that  "Prior to shipment your system was tested for full functionality" so I'm not really sure.

I'm really sad to see that even after shipping the laptop to Dell my problem is not fixed, and I have urgent use of this laptop.

I really appreciate if there's any possible solution to this problem, otherwise I'll contact Dell to get this replaced.

5 Posts

July 24th, 2018 13:00

Follow up:

@SreejithR has followed up with the issue and helped me to schedule a local Dell service provider. The service provider came to my office and replaced the motherboard (containing the malfunctioning graphics card) and fixed the issue. The issue is finally resolved! BIG THANKS!

5 Posts

July 10th, 2018 12:00

Follow up:

I've contacted Dell support again and shipped to Dell repair again, asking them to test Device Manager Code 43 error and HDMI before they ship them back. A week later, they shipped the unit back to me. The paper says that "Main logic board repaired" and "Driver installed" and "Prior to shipment your system is tested for full functionality", yet when I boot up the machine nothing has changed. The driver is still the one I've installed before I shipped the laptop to Dell repair, and the issue is not resolved. Device Manager Code 43 error persists, and HDMI is not giving signal.

It's been about a month since I first contacted Dell support, and the issue is not solved. And Dell repair is clearly deceiving me when they say they have fully tested the system before they ship it back.

I'm furious.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 10th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for your message.  I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I will look into this on priority.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

2 Posts

January 12th, 2019 21:00

Hey man I'm kind in the same situation over here but my laptop is a dell 5577 and my gtx 1050 is not working I dont think I have warranty since I bought the computer from a stranger and the guy didn't tell me the graphics card was busted by the time I noticed it it was to late the guy blocked me it took me a while to notice since the computer uses the intel graphics card instead. I'm wondering how much would be for me to get it repaired? I live in toronto canada thank you 

5 Posts

January 13th, 2019 00:00

Hi Alverax,

Since I was within insurance, I don't really know how it works if it was not. I wish you good luck on finding a solution!

3 Posts

June 27th, 2019 19:00

Hi Robert987,

I'm in the same exact position. Just received my 7577 back from the repair depot where they repaired the motherboard. Everything works except for my GTX 1060, which is similarly stopped by windows. Any advice on how to get Dell to fix this?

@Dell-SreejithR

5 Posts

June 27th, 2019 19:00

Hi chennault,

After sending my laptop over twice they still didn't fix it, so I again requested help in the forum seeking to escalate. Thankfully one forum moderator finally helped me by sending one staff to come to my office to replace my motherboard (along with the graphic card on it). And then it worked again!

Hope this helps! I know this can be frustrating.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 28th, 2019 05:00

chennault,'

Click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers for the video card.

Inspiron 7577 Drivers

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

December 2nd, 2019 19:00

Are these 7577s defective ? Smh I have one with warranty with these same exact problems. Code 43 error and the laptop crashing 100 times a day with blue screen error video_scheduler. Tried everything from every website. Even reinstalled drivers etc. 100% my motherboard / GPU is faulty. Smh. I am traveling for business overseas so no idea how I will get to exercise my warranty that I am paying for monthly. Will think twice before buying another Dell system. 

No Events found!