gobuslare
1 Copper

Inspiron 7577 Thermal issue

I used the 7577 for almost a year, the temperature during load sat around mid 60s both cpu and gpu playing OW and D2 on ultra 1080p.

Over the past few months the cpu and gpu temps have increased and now averages mid 80s on the same games and settings. 

My current ambient temps are ~50c for both cpu and gpu at 8% cpu load 

I used compressed air to clean vents, updated thermal framework drivers, diagnosed hardware and I undervolt at -0.130. 

Does anybody share the same issue? Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Buzz635
2 Iron

Re: Inspiron 7577 Thermal issue

@gobuslare wrote:

I used the 7577 for almost a year, the temperature during load sat around mid 60s both cpu and gpu playing OW and D2 on ultra 1080p.

Over the past few months the cpu and gpu temps have increased and now averages mid 80s on the same games and settings. 

My current ambient temps are ~50c for both cpu and gpu at 8% cpu load 

I used compressed air to clean vents, updated thermal framework drivers, diagnosed hardware and I undervolt at -0.130. 

Does anybody share the same issue? Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

Since you have tried undervolting and updating software and drivers, the next step should be thermal re-pasting. It is more complicated and in-depth than undervolting and software updates, as you have to buy thermal paste and disassemble the laptop. Thermal paste has been known to "wear out" over time and lose its thermal conductivity which can cause heat buildup, and some people have said that Dell laptops specifically sometimes come with subpar thermal paste. I have never had to perform this procedure so I can't offer much more advise. Try looking up youtube videos, online guides, and posts on the forums from people who have previously done this. Good luck and I hope your problem gets resolved.

0 Kudos