Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 7577 key knocking

I recently received my long-anticipated new Inspiron 7577. I noticed that the F2 key produces an annoying knocking sound when struck, as though it were hitting some hollow space underneath it. The 2 key right below it also produces this sound, albeit to a lesser degree. No other key produces this knocking, annoying sound. Though there are slight nuances between them, the remaining keys only produce a very acceptable, light clicking sound. They do not produce a sound as though someone were knocking on the door.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this with this recently released model, and whether or not this would be considered a defect (I personally do).

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

February 17th, 2018 06:00

Well, the matter was finally resolved, after a brief row with Dell's regional service center, by way of a replacement unit I just received. I haveModeratorDell-Sreejith R to thank for this, since Dell's service only cooperated in the replacement process after he confirmed the problem to me personally. So Kudos++ and two thumbs up for this man.

Cheers :)

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 14th, 2018 19:00

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to look into this for you.

Does the keyboard keys in question here function normally, does the key respond when pressed?

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

January 15th, 2018 11:00

Hi Sreejith. The key works, though I wouldn't call the way it does "normal". I sent you the service tag you requested. I'm not sure what you mean by "registered name & email address" but I haven't registered the laptop as I don't know the link to do that.

If anyone else has noticed a knocking key on their 7577 please let me know. Could be the series is defective.

Cheers.

11 Posts

January 17th, 2018 17:00

Just tested mine, no knocking. Feels and sounds just like all the other keys.

No Events found!