Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 7577 keyboard problem

Hello, everybody, it seems that a whole batch of dell Inspiron 7577 are having keyboard issues, (a lot of people this year started having the same problem) I bought mine two years ago and the problem started two months ago, below it's my experience with that problem and the horrible call center service.

This is to anybody who is having the same problem with that laptop.

It seems that this problem it's happening to a lot of people with the same laptop (including me) but I noticed this problem when I was using "nano" and couldn't close it with CTRL + X then W started the same problem and then the whole line from 2 to X including the caps lock and tab.

I read in the forums about software problem but the difference is that I was using Archlinux!, so I just formatted this thing thinking that maybe was the BIOS and reinstalled windows 10 and upgraded all drivers, but I had the same problem intermittent keyboard issues.

I called tech support and it was just a terrible service like the worst ever! there was a guy that said that my keyboard was fine because the diag tool didn't show an error code and it was software problem... I told him that even in the BIOS those keys were not working and he just didn't know what to do so he transferred me to customer service to get a refund for my warranty (they never did..) I had to call 3 times until I spoke with somebody in Spanish and at last I got a keyboard replacement!.

Dell home tech support its horrible just horrible and sorry guys if you are having the same problem its a hardware problem nothing else you can do but get warranty (you can get it online, wait 3 days and then request a technician to replace it, also try to contact support in Spanish they know way more than the guys in the English call center if you do now know Spanish good luck!).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Re: Inspiron 7577 keyboard problem

Did your problem come about in updating the BIOS driver chip,  attached to the motherboard?

Inspiron 7572 15\8th Gen\i5\8GB Ram\256 SSD\Intel 620 & Nvidia MX150 4GB [1-3-19]
Inspiron 3542 15\4th Gen\ i3\4GB Ram\500GB\DVD [2014]
Acer Spin 1 11.6, 32GB SSD[2017], Asus 11.6, 64GB SSD[2018], Toshiba Satellite 11.6, 500GB[2015]
Win 10 Ver. 1909 on all
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 7577 keyboard problem

If anyone else comes across this issue, I solved mine by adjusting the keyboard cable that is underneath the battery and goes into the motherboard. The cable was loose and not all keys were working. Just make sure the cable goes all the way in and the white tab is pushed all the way down, it feels like it doesn’t go down but it does.

0 Kudos