Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

4 Posts

May 28th, 2018 21:00

Inspiron 7577 very poor gaming performance/FPS drops

Hi, I have an FPS problem on my Inspiron 7577 that I bought in December last year. The problem is very bad—it started in March, and has continued for almost three months now. It doesn't allow me to play any First Person Shooters or graphically intense games. Depending on the game, I will now get an average of about 50 FPS, which will dip to about 5-15 FPS during intense moments (in comparison, I used to get an average of 160 on War Thunder (now 30, dropping to 8) and 100-110 on Fortnite (now 50, dropping to 15). They are pretty much unplayable now.

I have tried every suggestion I can find—reinstalling Windows, reinstalling drivers, adjusting countless settings in Windows, NVIDIA and the games, and nothing seems to make any difference. It is incredibly frustrating because the laptop worked very well when I first got it, and now I can't use it for gaming at all (which was the major reason I bought it). It is not even 6 months old.

If you have any ideas or information to help me fix this, that would wonderful. Thanks again.

1 Message

June 4th, 2018 16:00

I have the same problem and got the laptop in December. I've seen other threads made by people with the exact same laptop and situation. Wish there was a simple answer to this

June 5th, 2018 09:00

and here I was thinking my Dell 15 5000 wasn't good enough against the intel variants...

I'm shocked..intel and nvidia drivers and performance not working?

Dam them....

June 6th, 2018 21:00

Its a shame no one from Dell seems to care about these threads anymore. I have had the same problem since last few weeks and have been scouring the internet for any sort of solution but no luck. The laptop seems to work perfectly when I first got it but now every game I play seem to be suffering from lag spikes, even the ones that ran smoothly before. It also feels like the general performance of the laptop has deteriorated since I first got it. Boot times are longer, some programs take a lot longer to load than it did before, etc. 

I hope someone steps up and comes up with a viable solution than just put it on Intel or Invidia, which is what I see everywhere these days. 

June 7th, 2018 23:00

Exact same thing with me—on top of it no longer playing any games properly after just a couple months, it has also become slower overall. Have you done any temperature tests? I wonder if it is a problem with the processor overheating. Dell phone support was no help—they just say it is a software issue (which seems unlikely) and want to charge over $100 to tell me how to reinstall Windows and drivers (which I have already done twice on my own). 

June 14th, 2018 08:00

have you tried all the troubleshooting and reports dxdiag and whatnot and other things like find a stable driver?do you have dual channel?is the ram the same type of ram ?Have you tried troubleshooting your drivers by testing them in a test?

see,in my laptop I have a pc4-19200 ddr4 2400 mhz 8GB ram and 1 x 2Gb ddr4 2133 stick in my dual channel and it defaults to 1064mhz speed instead of the 1200 mhz ..it has caused some issues with some game depending on the drivers and settings..but I was able to play.

I really think mixing ram sticks could have an effect on your system...

may not work well for other people's systems but i is working for me.

July 13th, 2018 21:00

Towards the end of June, I left the laptop at lunchtime and came back to find that it would not turn back on at all—it was completely dead and unresponsive. We shipped it back to Dell and they replaced the display and the motherboard. It came back at the end of June and the FPS issue seems to be resolved. They did no software updates and my data/install remained untouched, so must have been a physical problem with the laptop (not drivers or anything else). So far (knock on wood) it is working well. I have slightly slower FPS on a couple of games, but maybe I need to reinstall them. Fortnite, etc, are all working well now. Hope this helps someone!!

3 Posts

September 26th, 2020 04:00

This seems to be an old thread, but in case someone's still facing this issue:

Use HWinfo or a similar utility/app to do a HW diag. while gaming - and check whether the CPUs aren't facing thermal throttling - it should be visible during the FPS drops.

The thing that solved this issue for me was: a new cpu paste.

I advise to "dust up" your fans using condensed air once a month.

Hope that helps.

No Events found!