8 Krypton

RE: Dell Inspiron 7000 7579 Headphone Left Right Bleed

A comment, and this doesn't fix the problem with this model.  I have a recording studio.  I only use my recording studio audio interface (an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid) for any audio production, playback.  The PC audio is not used in audio production.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
5 Rhenium

I just tested four systems for the cross bleed.  I used a channel separation test from audiocheck dot net which had a basic left/right sound sample.  While testing, I removed the ear piece for the channel producing the sound to be sure what I was hearing.  The headset was a true Stereo headset with just the two channels.  Site seemed OK but always be careful.

Two systems did completely separate the channels.  An ASUS desktop (no Waves) and an Old Dell running Win 7. 

The other two Dell systems did not completely separate the sound with both showing a very low volume on the other channel or some type of static on the other channel.  The Waves Dimension - On setting made both channels sound close to the same volume.

Windows 10 has removed the "enhancements" settings from the Windows Sound User Interface panel so Waves has taken over that job.  Some of the Waves installs have a selection of Presets.  If you show that, you might check if there is one noted as "None".

Maybe one of the Audiophiles sites should keep a list of computer systems which do not have the problem.

The "tenforums.com" maintains a thread with link to the latest Realtek HD driver for Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Hey everyone,

It's been a while. I guess I never kept you updated, but I eventually was able to get rid of RealTek and use the generic Windows audio driver, which worked fine. However, I started having problems after that. Here's a message I've posted on answers.microsoft:

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 that I bought in Japan. Last summer, I deleted the RealTek Audio Driver that came with it so that I could use the default "High Definition Audio". This worked fine, but when there was a big update in January to Windows 10, I lost all speaker and headphone functionality.

The "High Definition Audio Device" still appears in the Device Manager, but updating the drive does nothing. The volume icon in the Task Manager shows an X and right-clicking on it to open Settings shows no available output or input devices. Opening the troubleshooter and the only devices that are displayed are currently inactive Bluetooth speakers/headphones and "Digital Audio (HDMI) - High Definition Audio Device". So maybe the "High Definition Audio Device" in the Device Manager is referring to HDMI sound as well and not the computer's soundcard?

I didn't have any luck updating or installing drivers, so I tried a System Restore (Restore to Original Settings), but upon reboot, I got a message that an error was encountered while trying to restore- but no details. What should I do?

I've just been dealing with it the last few months by using an external audio interface or bluetooth devices, but it's pretty silly and I'd like to fix it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos