Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

May 29th, 2020 06:00

Inspiron 7580 - No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi I have an Inspiron 7580 and started getting the above message after the latest Windows update. I have done a factory reset to the original version of Windows and the problem is still there which I find very odd. The Hardware Diagnostics work ok (loud beeps heard) so it is not a hardware issue.

One thing that may be interesting is that in Event Viewer the RtkAudioUniversalService has an error that says "The description for Event ID 0 from source RtkAudioUniversalService cannot be found." 

Also under "Sound, Video and game controllers" I have "Intel(R) Display Audio" and "NVDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) but not Realtek which should be there I think ? I even have tried installing the Realtek software from "Add Legacy Hardware" but that gives a BSOD.

All very dispiriting and I really can't understand how this software problem could persist after a factory reset. 

Any one any ideas ?

May 29th, 2020 08:00

Hmm - Windows Update doesn't show any updates as I have set wifi to metered. The Windows Build is 1803 which is the one that came with it. 

The Realtek Audio driver not appearing in Dev Manager is a puzzle as the Realtek Service is there.  

5.6K Posts

May 29th, 2020 08:00

When you do a Factory Reset, the minute you get online, all the Windows 10 updates are going to install AGAIN.

I suggest a new installation of Windows 10 using USB created with Media Creation Tool.

May 29th, 2020 14:00

Now I've installed Windows 10 from a USB image and it starts up but I now get "The audio peripheral doesn't appear to be plugged in. Check the connections". 

Might try Ubuntu next. Pathetic support and explanations from Microsoft/Dell. Outrageous that this kind of thing can't be debugged.

May 30th, 2020 02:00

Now I have the original Windows 10 installed from a USB and have downloaded the Realtek driver from Dell but it doesn't appear and when I try to install it via Add Legacy Hardware I get a BSOD. The Intel(R) Display Audio driver is installed but still I see "No Audio Output Device is installed" by the sound icon.

Is there anyone out there who can help to try to get my system working or give some indicators as to what is going on ?

No Events found!