PilotPete
1 Nickel

Inspiron 7580, touchpad sensitive

The touchpad on my new Inspiron 7580 is way too sensitive. I have gone into Touchpad Settings and put it on low sensitivity but it does not make a difference. Seems like when my finger just brushes the touchpad, the screen just jumps. No driver solutions to this problem. Really annoying.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Inspiron 7580, touchpad sensitive

For my notes, click my username and via private message send me the PC service tag number.

To what other PC touchpad are you comparing this one?

Assuming that you have updated to the latest Intel Chipset driver and latest BIOS?

Post a picture of your current Dell Touchpad Sensitivity screen showing what you have chosen. Like the one below =

0 Kudos
PilotPete
1 Nickel

I am comparing this to my old Dell lnspiron.  I have gone to the Dell website to check for updates for chipsets and bios and they are all current (this computer is only 30 days old).  There is no way to attach a screenshot as far as I can tell so here are the touchpad settings

Touchpad - On

Leave Touchpad on when mouse is connected  - Checked

Cursor Speed - About in the middle

Touchpad sensitivity - Low

Tap with single finger to single-click - Checked

Tap with two fingers to right click - Unchecked

Tap twice and drag to multi-select - Unchecked

Press the lower right corner to right click - Checked

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the information. I would suggest you to run a custom test on Touch-pad using Dell Support assist tool to check if the issue persists.

Also, please boot into the BIOS (F2 during startup) and check the touch-pad functionality.

- Ravi

0 Kudos
PilotPete
1 Nickel

I did run the diagnostic and it showed no issues.  There is no mention of the touchpad in bios settings.  Can you be more specific?

0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. Please boot into the BIOS screen and please check if the touchpad works fine or the issue still persists in the BIOS.

- Ravi

0 Kudos
PilotPete
1 Nickel

When in the BIOS, the touchpad is not a problem.  The sensitivity is fine

0 Kudos

So the issue is either driver related or operating system related, but not hardware. I have seen other 7580 complaints (loose, not responsive) but not to sensitive. I will keep looking.

0 Kudos
PilotPete
1 Nickel

There are several other people who are reporting the same issue in this forum

0 Kudos