Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

3 Posts

October 19th, 2019 05:00

Inspiron 7586 Intel AC 9560 not working / Can not install latest driver

Hello everyone,

i have a Problem with my Inspiron 7586 since two days. Out of a sudden, my WiFi and mit Bluetooth istn't working anymore. In the device Manager, the Intel WiFi ac 9560 and the Intel Bluetooth Adapter are marked with the yellow exclamation mark! Bevor the issue I only used a vpn Client... maybe this helps.

I have tried following steps to fix this issue:

- restart

- install newest Driver with dell, with Windows device Manager, manually ( can't install the newest Driver !!!)

- uninstall device in the device Manager and restart

- update all drivers via dell update center

- update windows

-  reset windows

- recovery windows

- set bios to factory settings

- deactivate Wifi and Bluetooth in bios and restart

In the device Manager, Intel ac 9560 Shows the error : "The device could not be started (Code 10)". The intel bluetooth device shows the error: "The device could not be started (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE".

The Problem is, that i can't install the newest Driver on the devices. Sometimes I got the message, that i

They don't show the newest Driver version in the device manager and when i try to install it, the Installation process get stuck ( the dell updater as well as the Intel installer) without any message.

Version Show in the device Manager: 20.30.0.7. Newest version on the Intel page: 21.40.2.

Has anyone an idea to fix that Problem? I would be very grateful for any help.

Greetings, Ivo

1.5K Posts

October 19th, 2019 05:00

Well, if it's not working on an older driver or a newer driver chances are the card may have failed. These can be changed out fairly easily.

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook look for the section on changing out your Wi/fi card,

3 Posts

October 19th, 2019 06:00

Hi Clintlgm,

thanks for your fast reply. I already thought about a defect of the WiFi-Card, but my notebook is quiet new, so I first took software problems into account. Is it realistic, that the card is broken? I still have warranty, so I better send it in to dell for repair. Is there a way to test, if the WiFi-Card is currupt?

Greetings, Ivo

October 20th, 2019 14:00

Hi!

We have received your query and have created a support ticket for the same. I will drop in a private note shortly. 

Dell-RonnieR

1 Message

March 6th, 2020 21:00

so what was the solution? I have the same problem on DELL 7786 intel AC 9560.

Regards

1.5K Posts

March 7th, 2020 08:00

Wi-Fi card doesn't become corrupt they either are not making a solid connection or they fail. Drivers can become corrupt. If you have exhausted all attempts to install drivers with no Joy I suggest your Remove your Wi-Fi Card and Reset it. this would be the first step in troubleshooting it. Fairly simple operation if you at least have access to the proper size screwdrivers. Much preferred to send your notebook off to Service Dept for a couple of weeks. and if you do need to change out the card you'll already know how its done. and replacement cards are about $20 on Amazon This is the one I replace my Wi-Fi card with when it failed when my notebook was a couple of months old.

• 

25K Posts

March 7th, 2020 09:00

Hi,

Please ignore the private message sent by the virtual assistant. It was a technical glitch. We are glad to asisst you further with installing the wifi driver.

Try updating the Wifi driver as follows and let us know what happens:

Download

1. Click on

https://dell.to/2VTxzZl to download the file.

2. When the File Download window is displayed, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.

Installation
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read the information in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites that are identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.

Let us know how it goes.

- Kalpana

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 8th, 2020 11:00

@rrdbWith a Intel Wireless AC-9560 I would suggest, in addition to the Wi-Fi drivers, that you also check on the chipset drivers since that card uses onboard Chipset/Processor components to function..

1 Message

March 10th, 2020 05:00

I have been suffering the same problem for the last couple of weeks. I have downloaded this file, but when I try to install it, I receive an Intel Software Installer message saying "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator"

1 Message

March 22nd, 2020 18:00

I got the same error message when trying to install the driver. What was the solution to this error? 

April 10th, 2020 08:00

Have had this issue for awhile now. Scoured the forums for weeks, have tried everything. Tried so many registry edits I've had to reset to factory settings basically everyday.  I think the Wifi card may just be faulty and I'm gonna go back to dell support and scream at them until they replace it for free (laptop is three months old)

1.5K Posts

April 10th, 2020 09:00

Yea you can aggravate yourself with Dell support all you want. Or you can just change the dam thing out yourself! I replaced mine for about $20 and 20 minutes of my time. I replace mine back in early Nov 2019 and am very happy that I did this is far superior to the one Dell had in my notebook. Dell Support after 3 attempts with different tech's, in the end, they just wanted me to Reset or clean install my OS, I installed this Wi-Fi card and never looked back.

2 Posts

May 20th, 2020 07:00

I have experienced the same problem in the last week and after many hours, including back and forth with Dell on both the hardware and software side, managed to resolve it.

Using the Device Manager in Win10 I uninstalled the Device from the driver tab, and very importantly checked the box to uninstall the driver. Once youve done this Win10 will pick up the network card again (you might need to scan for hardware in device manager) and pick up the last driver it has. I had to do this several times to uninstall multiple drivers that the system had accumulated over time which seems to be the core of the problem. In the end I got back to a generic Microsoft Driver from 2018.  At that point I then went to the intel site, use the tool that can be found at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99446/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560  which will identify and then help you install the latest driver.

1 Message

June 29th, 2020 12:00

Suddenly, the WiFi stopped working on my dad's laptop.

I downloaded the driver on this thread, but when I went to do the install, I get this message "The installation is forbidden by the system policy.  Contact your system administrator"

This is a personal laptop, there is no system admin!!

Help, I need to get this fixed for him!

2 Posts

July 10th, 2020 02:00

I am experiencing the exact same problem on a Dell Inspiron 7391. is a solution available?

• 

25K Posts

July 10th, 2020 02:00

Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. I see you've opened a thread.

In order for me to review your system configuration, may I have the Service Tag / Express Service Code/ Order Number?

Refer the below link to find the Service Tag:

https://dell.to/2W776qe

No Events found!