Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

3 Posts

October 19th, 2019 05:00

Inspiron 7586 Intel AC 9560 not working / Can not install latest driver

Hello everyone,

i have a Problem with my Inspiron 7586 since two days. Out of a sudden, my WiFi and mit Bluetooth istn't working anymore. In the device Manager, the Intel WiFi ac 9560 and the Intel Bluetooth Adapter are marked with the yellow exclamation mark! Bevor the issue I only used a vpn Client... maybe this helps.

I have tried following steps to fix this issue:

- restart

- install newest Driver with dell, with Windows device Manager, manually ( can't install the newest Driver !!!)

- uninstall device in the device Manager and restart

- update all drivers via dell update center

- update windows

-  reset windows

- recovery windows

- set bios to factory settings

- deactivate Wifi and Bluetooth in bios and restart

In the device Manager, Intel ac 9560 Shows the error : "The device could not be started (Code 10)". The intel bluetooth device shows the error: "The device could not be started (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE".

The Problem is, that i can't install the newest Driver on the devices. Sometimes I got the message, that i

They don't show the newest Driver version in the device manager and when i try to install it, the Installation process get stuck ( the dell updater as well as the Intel installer) without any message.

Version Show in the device Manager: 20.30.0.7. Newest version on the Intel page: 21.40.2.

Has anyone an idea to fix that Problem? I would be very grateful for any help.

Greetings, Ivo

1.5K Posts

July 10th, 2020 09:00

Did you by any chance just upgrade to Windows 10 2004?

If not and you have tried every possible driver installation with out success.

You can try a Repair Install this may fix your issue https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

You can try to repair your Windows using DISM Tools. Type CMD and right click cmd.xxx select run as 

Administrator copy and paste each tool and let them run some will take a very long time to complete depending on how may errors have to be resolved.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f

Tech Support would have you Reset  or Clean Install.

The above tools should fix your system so that the latest driver can be installed. You should be using the drivers on your support page by Service Tag.

To get this information you need to log on to  Dell Support, enter your model number, and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook,

The download tab will have all the drivers for your exact Notebook you should try these your notebook should work with these drivers. You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook You will see a section on replacing your WiFi BT card, you can try removing and Reinstalling this card sometime that will get them to connect again. if not replace the card,  there around $20 on Amazon

2 Posts

July 10th, 2020 11:00

Thanks a lot!

the (temporary) solution was way easier: a hard reset made the card appear again.

I did a BIOS update afterwards and hope, this will do the trick.

1.5K Posts

July 10th, 2020 12:00

Read this thread most of the solution are already posted

September 29th, 2020 10:00

STOP there is something else going on..I had all the same issues when I first purchased Inspiron 17' 7886, hours turned into days with Dell support first running remote scan telling me the scan shows clear and so they won't help it is a MS Windows 10 issue...then MS went at it for 2 days, escalated to their 2nd level...reinstall windows and still no fix...back Dell for yet another insane set of hours on the phone and they finally sent a new card just as the laptop was running past it's one year of warranty.  Well, 6months later...boom back to the same issue now that I've reset windows completely as there was a bios issue (couldn't find bootable drive all of a sudden..windows update and Dell was behind)...NOW right back to where I started...error 10 code with network adapter...so to me it's highly unlikely this issue (experienced by so many) is a wireless card issue (not impossible but not likely as everyone would be replacing cards...maybe they are we're not hearing about it) - I'm no expert for sure but it seems to me to be an issue with Dell's design, and not being able to solve it...rather charge for it which is absolutely BRUTAL - I'm still hunting for a fix and suspect it's a firmware issue then sequenced update of adapter/driver...I'd give one of the posters full credit for simply giving up and replacing the card...if it was that cheep it's a much faster/less expensive solution which I may have to apply in the end...I may try unpluging the card (recall it's the 2nd card installed on a brand new machine)...I also notice that when I do delete network drivers with uninstall then reinstall the device manager seems to be scanning a few times after the icon pops up and the eventually the yellow triangle comes up warning of the code 10 error.  $@!!@#$  

October 14th, 2020 17:00

I read the thread...it's why I posted what I did...having said that, I went back to the Dell update site for the upteenth time and when I ran their diagnostic (once I clicked away from automatically being routed to services they were selling ...sigh...) it said in all green letters - all drivers are up date...then below had a list of critical updates (!?). I noticed a Bios update that had already been done but thought if it's showing up as a critical update the former may not be being read (?)...reverted somehow...no idea (obviously.). Regardless, downloaded the driver/bios chipset update once more, installed and halehf'nluya Ac 9560 works! yelow triangle of fkery gone....for now. Keep in mind, this is the 3rd round in almost 2yrs...good times Dell...good times!

October 14th, 2020 18:00

Nope - worked for a grand total of 20mins then ...boom, right back to large pile of crap...will try the very last solution of cmnd prompt entries (although complete wipe and fresh install of Dell factory settings and Windows 10 should have solved just about anything/everything...wish somehow Dell could be held accountable...but it's an amazing business model when you're one of perhaps 1000s with same issue and yet has 0 impact...I started out at a PC guy decades ago, just a happened to come into a MacPro 17ich and it lasted seamlessly for ....wait for it, ...almost a decade before hard drive finally crashed and integrated graphics slowly gave up...but never, ever where there any issues whatsoever with the basics of wifi connections/drivers/bios/...I enjoy learning for sure but there's limit to how much one pays for a product and then forced to spend further time and $$ to get to do what Dell sold it as....a functioning laptop at minimum. Life is short, buy a Mac. 

3 Posts

November 17th, 2020 10:00

@I2thevo 

I hope you have fixed this issue by now. If not, I have something to say.

I asked for help in this very community, but the support from Dell said my warranty was expired, and they wouldn´t help me.

So, I went to Intel Support, and the guy helped me over remote access (I have an anker usb-c hub with ethernet). He spent over an hour on my laptop, but HE FIXED THE ISSUE.

As it turns out, that is a driver issue with the latest updates.

The guy even gave me the link with the steps followed to fix it, so I can pass foward to you guys.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

I hope it works for you as well.

However, if you can´t fix it yourself, I recommend you contact the Intel Support, because they are way better than Dell on that matter.

April 29th, 2021 20:00

Thank you for this information as it helped me to resolve this very annoying issue.  I knew about uninstalling the drivers from the device manager, but did not realize it was necessary to uninstall multiple times to peel back the layers of updates.  After uninstalling multiple times, the correct drivers were found and the device started working perfectly.  BTW, I uninstalled both the Wireless driver AND the Bluetooth driver.  Perhaps it is a combination of the two that caused the cards to fail.

1 Message

June 9th, 2021 00:00

I tried everything I could with the drivers - removing lots of old ones, installing latest, etc - but no joy.  It would sometimes work for a short period then fail again.

I too then ordered a new card off Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G42J6KQ - and it worked fine after I replaced it

1 Message

August 19th, 2021 13:00

After trying everything mentioned here, I finally discovered I was missing a firmware update that resolved the issue.

1. Navigate to the Dell Update page, enter your machine details into the 'Identify your product' section and click 'Search'.
  2. Click 'Check for Updates', install all recommended updates and re-start as directed.tracys_0-1629404252560.png
  3. REPEAT STEPS 1-2, until you get the message 'No driver updates found. Your system has the most recent updates'.

This is important, because the BIOS firmware update was not in the 1st batch of updates, and nothing got fixed. But it appeared in the 2nd batch of updates, which fixed the wireless adaptor issues. 

December 11th, 2021 18:00

Thanks, I tried all the fixes I could find and replacing the card was the only fix that worked for me.

1 Message

December 18th, 2021 11:00

You state "I suggest your Remove your Wi-Fi Card and Reset it."  I've replaced my wife's network card 3 times now on her Insperion 15 7000. How do you Reset the network card? 

1.5K Posts

December 24th, 2021 09:00

Just pull it from the socket and reinstall it. that is what I meant by resetting it.

June 21st, 2022 05:00

Eu resolvi formatando tbm, mas o problema voltou depois de um tempo, resolvi desinstalando o driver, reinicio o notebook, vou na bios e desabilito o adaptador de wifi e bluetooth. Deixo o windows inicializar e reinicio novamente para habilitar somente o wifi dessa vez e deixo o bluetooth desabilitado (não fiz o teste de habilitar o bluetooth) deixando apenas o wifi habilitado deixo o windows iniciar e pronto o wifi volta normalmente

No Events found!