2 Bronze

Inspiron 7586 screen issues

I just received a second notebook with the same screen problem. There are white patches on the top and bottom of the screen. For a premium hid screen, this seems very odd. Makes the unit virtually unusable for photography. Have there been other complaints? Is this repairable?

screen.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Inspiron 7586 screen issues

Hi lharmon1922,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post does not indicate if you've run a systems diagnostics.  Please run Dell SupportAssist and the LCD tests.  Make a note of any error messages found and post back.  If there are none, here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Display or Video Issues on Dell Laptop LCD Panel

Also, have you tried an external monitor?  Are you seeing the same issues with the external monitor?  

You may wish to post pictures of the "white patches" so that the experts here can visualize what your'e describing.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I visited a local electronics retailer and it seems that this is probably a manufaturing or design flaw. There were a couple of notebooks there with UHD screens from other manufacturers and they do not display the same flaw. I will be returning this laptop also as I cannot wait for dell to get this figured out.
0 Kudos
1 Copper

Hi, I've got my laptop yesterday with same issues. Did you get replacement? I think it's not acceptable for that big company to sell laptops with screen issue for this price, it's a big disappointment.Light bleed

0 Kudos
1 Copper

IMG_20181203_202558-01-01.jpeg

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I am back in touch with Dell support and am working to have the screen replaced. The bleed has gotten worse over the course of the last couple.of days. I will let.you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Dell sent me parts as I am currently working outside of the US. I was able to replace the LCD without an issue. The problem remains. Through repairing it myself, I was able to figure out what is causing the pressure points. The upper corners are caused by the clip in design of the frame. It exerts pressuer that is exaserbated by a magnet found near the corner tht holds the panel in place. 

The upper center of the screen is caused by the cabling to the camera and the mounting tape that holds the cables in place. 

The lower patches are caused by the video cable and the connector (and tape) that feeds the LCD. In short, the issue is caused by a series of design flaws. I have submitted my issues and findings with Dell and am waiting for further resolution.

2 Bronze

Are all samples wrong ?

I've ordered a 7586 yesterday (the expensive UHD version, precisely to get a good screen for photo editing). I wish I've read this thread first, or I just wouldn't have ordered it in a first place.

Just to let me with a little hope : are there 7586 owners out there, with correct screen ? or are every samples affected by the issue ?

1 Copper

Re: Are all samples wrong ?

I have a second sample by the same issue. and still using 

0 Kudos