Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

October 10th, 2019 01:00

Inspiron 7590 / keyboard issue, some keys not working

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my keyboard, a few keys are not working. keys "escape", "²", "tab", "a", "q", "w" are having issues. (I have a french "azerty" keyboard so it's a diagonal).

The laptop is only 3 months old, nothing has been spilled on it, no new software has been added between the moment it was working fine and now, there is no strange noise, clicking, or hardness on the keys, and from time to time the keys start working again for a few seconds.

I tried asking for help on dell contact forms, but I got no answer...

If anybody has any idea, I would be glad !

Thanks !

1 Message

October 10th, 2019 07:00

Just had the same issue, with the exact same set of keys. No spillage, I barely had the laptop for a month.

I just sent in the laptop for repairs since it was still under warranty. Took about 2 weeks for "repairs" to complete.

Yet even after receiving it back, the same keys are starting to go bad again. I'm starting to think it's just this model of the 7000 series that's just not wired correctly or something. 

If there's anyhelp on this, it would be greatly appreciated, because this is extremely frustrating at this point.

4 Posts

October 10th, 2019 08:00

Yeah, I tried a full factory reset, which I had trouble to do as it was asking me for my password and some of those unworking keys are needed. I finally managed to do it and the problem is still here. So it's definitely a hardware problem... 

But it is a really disappointing to here that even with a repair the problem will come back... That computer was a great product in every other point in my opinion... 

14 Posts

October 11th, 2019 10:00

Changing the keyboard is quite simple and inexpensive. If there is a warranty, send it to dell

• 

25.1K Posts

October 13th, 2019 17:00

Hi,

I'm awaiting a response to earlier message. Do get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Dell-GopalD

4 Posts

October 13th, 2019 22:00

I just bought Inspiron 7590 1 month only and I have the same problem.

In my case, the q key doesn't work sometimes or press key 1 time but I get double - triple letters. I had updated all drivers and BIOS but didn't help. I had tested typing this key in the BIOS  and I got the same result. but it's work fine on a USB keyboard

I hope the root cause of this problem isn't from the hardware.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2019 13:00

Sme problem

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 01:00

I just changed new keyboard on my laptop. Currently It's work fine. However if I'll have any problems. I'll tell you.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 01:00

I had my keyboard changed about a week ago.

My computer worked just fine for a fews days, and now the problem is coming back, little by little, the keys stop working from time to time, just like it did when the problem came the first time...

So problem still not fixed even if the keyboard was changed.

11 Posts

November 5th, 2019 14:00

I had this problem since day 1 with my laptop. What I tried to do is to open the laptop and reseat the keyboard connector(located next to the battery connector) and it has been working fine for the last 6 months cheers.

1 Message

August 11th, 2022 06:00

Hey all, had the exact same problem and after 2 keyboard replacements and some testing(with the old keyboards) i discovered that the blue keyboard ribbon cable wasn't holding contact with the motherboard inside of the connector.

Since its well and truly out of warranty I ended up quick fixing by sliding a small piece of a drinking straw between the edge of the motherboard and ribbon cable just to adjust the angle that the cable sits inside of the connector.

I don't think i have explained it very well but if you gently pull up on the blue keyboard ribbon cable (right next to the battery) by its plastic handle and try the affected keys again you hopefully they will work again.

Hope this helps to anyone still having these issues today!

1 Message

February 19th, 2024 15:53

This poblem has just started fo me. How do you get into the computer to see theribon cable

March 6th, 2024 12:40

@DPandora​ Hi there! I have encountered the same problem and i know this is a long shot but is it possible for you to go further into detail on what exactly you did to fix the keyboard? Thank you.

No Events found!