Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

8 Posts

July 26th, 2019 19:00

Inspiron 7773, suspected motherboard failure

Currently on honeymoon in Thailand and brought my 7773 with me in order to do my course. Went to use the system a couple days ago and the screen looked like matrix characters. I took the back off suspecting a loose screen connector, only everything as it should be. System booted fine with back cover off. As soon as it's refitted, the issue returns. Removed cover again and had another look. Motherboard seems to have a slight bend in it and when pressure is applied to straighten it, the screen locks up and the speakers made a weird noise. So everyone cover is fitted it causes the same issue. I do have about a months worth of warranty left but will be very close to ending when I get home. Could really do with this working now.

Cheers

5.6K Posts

July 27th, 2019 11:00

is there a ribbon cable for the LCD?

maybe it isn't seated all the way in?

8 Posts

July 27th, 2019 18:00

nyc10036 that was my initial thought and the reason I removed the back. If pressure is applied to the connector it does nothing. As soon as pressure is applied to MB the screen/system crashes and locks up.

5.6K Posts

July 28th, 2019 13:00

If it is a motherboard failure than contacting Dell is best.

8 Posts

August 6th, 2019 00:00

I have. Unfortunately I was in Thailand at the time and Dell said there was nothing they could do as I was there. Im now in China for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully it can be resolved as I am here.

I originally bought this laptop to do my Degree on as and when i travelled. Starting to regret it now as I am going to end up behind. 

8 Posts

September 21st, 2019 11:00

Back in the UK. Still having the same issue.

No Events found!