JasonLev
1 Nickel

Inspiron 7786 Touchpad too Sensitive

I just purchased a new Inspiron 7786 primarily to have the larger 17" screen.  The issue is that this new Inspiron has an overly sensitive touchpad.  Just moving the mouse across the screen, it is making unintended selections.  This is causing a lot of chaos for me.  I have to say I have been using Latitudes for 10+ years and have never encountered such issues.

I have adjusted the Windows Touchpad setting to the lowest sensitivity possible.  I have also disabled many of the gestures.  Still I am have issues.  I do not see any further adjustments possible in the Device settings.

Anyone else having these issues?  I'm about ready to send this back to Dell.

Thanks,
Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Inspiron 7786 Touchpad too Sensitive

JasonLev,

Click the links below for resolving touchpad issues.

Reinstall the OEM Intel Chipset driver, retest when done.

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

Touchpad

Inspiron 7786 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
JasonLev
1 Nickel

I sent you the information privately.  Ran through the troubleshooting steps which are mostly unhelpful.  You can see I have all gestures disabled.  I also have sensitivity set to the lowest.  Yest I am still having issues just dragging the cursor across the screen.  I get unintended mouse clicks.

I will await you response.  I am running Win10 1809.  Latest Chipset, BIOS, and  Intel HID Event Filter Drivers are installed.

Thanks,
Jason

0 Kudos
scratt
1 Copper

I am having the same issue on a new Inspiron 7786, just wondering if you managed to get a resolution on this. It's not completely clear on mine if it's the touchpad or touchscreen doing random ghost clicks, but not good when it happens. Thanks Dave
0 Kudos