Clintlgm
4 Beryllium

Re: Inspiron 7786, no bootable devices found, #3

Since you disk previously was set up to boot RAID you may have to use DiskPart to clean it. 

I would forget the Dell Recover <Profanity removed>. Download Win 10 install from Microsoft using the Media Creation Tool (MCT)

Allow the tool to create your USB install media. USB needs to be 8GB and not have any other files as the tool will format it.

On you Dell Support page for your Service Tag number download, all your drivers have them read to install

You would on the Same USB Thumb Drive your install is on create a Drivers Folder have all your drivers there ready to install.

Your BIOS should be Set to AHCI before you start the install

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

Inspiron 13 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix

Precision 3440 SFF CTO BASE, VIntel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7GHz) 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHz or 2933MHz (2933MHz requires Intel Core i7 or above) UDIMM Non-ECC Memory Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
0 Kudos
Chelly601
2 Bronze

@ejn63 

Yes, I disabled it to troubleshoot. I have turned it back on. 

0 Kudos
ejn63
7 Gold

RAID ON is the normal as-shipped configuration from Dell.   What storage is in the system - one SSD, one HDD, or one of each -- and in any case, what devices?

0 Kudos
Chelly601
2 Bronze

@ejn63  storage is HDD, Total Storage Capacity 1,000 gigabytes.

0 Kudos
ejn63
7 Gold

If the drive has passed diagnostics, but the system won't boot, you're likely in for a Windows reinstallation.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-uk/sln311102/windows-reinstallation-guide?lang=en

0 Kudos