Kviki
1 Copper

Inspiron G3 15-3579 battery charging switches on and off during games

Hello,

My new laptop works fine, but once I start a game, such as Rome 2: Total war, the battery charging symbol on the top keeps switching between not charging and charging every other second, causing lag and battery depletion, rendering the supposedly gaming laptop completely useless for gaming.

I updated all my drivers, tried different compatibilities and different battery settings, but nothing worked. The only time this problem appeared to be fixed was when my laptop went to hibernation due to low battery. After this, the game proceeded smoothly and the laptop was charging. However, the next time I started the game, the issue was there again.

Thank you in advance for helping me deal with this problem.

10 Replies

Re: Inspiron G3 15-3579 battery charging switches on and off during games

Kviki,

Click the link below for troubleshooting battery issues.

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

Click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your registered name,email address and phone number.

0 Kudos
rusbaron
1 Copper

Did you fix your problem? I have exactly the same problem as you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
val36074
1 Copper

i have the same problem too, just during video games..
0 Kudos
Arthur Ng
1 Copper

Hi, I am wondering if there is already a solution to this. I am having the same issue. Same model, Inspiron G3 15-3579.
0 Kudos
xyzmarlon
2 Iron

Same problem on the Inspirion 15 7579. Wonder if anyone has found a solution. Always thought that the problem was isolated to my specific device but now it seems that it is not.

0 Kudos
Sixtomaster
1 Copper

Any solution? I have the same problem with a Dell G3, just 6 months old 

0 Kudos
Alverax
1 Copper

I'm experiencing the same issue and it seems like dell don't give zero fs about it this is a known issue with this model, theres no fix and I'm starting to think there won't be one ever. What a shame this is the last Dell product I ever buy.

0 Kudos
vig1lant3
1 Copper

There's nothing wrong with your laptop.  This is a feature on some Dell models known as Hybrid Power.  Once the battery hits 10% the feature turns off.  It's meant to optimize power draw under heavy sustained loads.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cabsdt1/sln305931/gaming-laptop-battery-drains-when-runni...

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/g-series-15-5587-laptop/g5-5587-setupandspecs/hybrid-p...

0 Kudos
MellyMel13
1 Copper

Is there a way to turn hybrid power off? It seems to render my gaming laptop as entirely useless when actually gaming. Every time it switches modes it lags the game out - it also discharges while playing games, even when plugged in. 

0 Kudos