Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2018 05:00

Inspiron G5 15-5587, How to use BIOS Recovery 3

Hello everyone!
I am a new user, and my experience began with serious problems. :(

After the purchase, I cleared the drives and tried to install the system. During the bios setup, I decided to reset the settings and made a factory reset, after which the laptop died.

When turned on, it restarts immediately after the keyboard lights up.

If I hold CTRL + ESC and connect the power, the light up three times yellow and three times white.
As I understand it, this means the absence recovery software. It's right?

So where can I get recovery software and how to run it?

I tried to download the BIOS exe file for my laptop, and tried to run it with the /writehdrfile or without from anothed laptop, and I get error "Unable to get system information".
I tried to take out the battery for half an hour.

4 Posts

December 18th, 2018 06:00

Found a solution. Need to rename the exe file in BIOS_IMG.rcv and put it on the USB flash drive with FAT32.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Please explain. To what name did you rename EXE file?

4 Posts

I downloaded this file and renamed Dell_G5_5587_G7_7588_Vostro_7580_1.5.0.exe to BIOS_IMG.rcv

2 Posts

January 8th, 2019 19:00

Hi could you please help me? I have a Dell G5 5587 too and I installed a new SSD and when I tried to reboot it didn't worked so I did like you did, I did the "factory reset" thing on the BIOS and now my laptop does the same thing that your laptop did: -When turned on, it restarts immediately after the keyboard lights up. BUT if I hold CTRL + ESC and connect the power, the light DOES NOT up three times yellow and three times white (so what does it mean?) Can you explain more in details your solution with the BIOS_IMG.rcv thing? I downloaded the file on an other computer but now I don't know what to do. Please someone help me, I just had my computer as a gift for my 15h birthday one month ago. My mom will be mad at me and I wanna cry :'( I don't want my laptop to be already dead :'((((

Sorry for my english, I'm french and it's the only subject of the DELL forum with the same thing than me) Thank you in advance !!!

No Events found!