Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

August 8th, 2018 10:00

Inspiron G5 15-5587, Speakers volume very low

Ever since I got my hands on Dell G5 5587 I'm experiencing a couple of issues. The most frustrating one would be the low volume from speakers. Volume at 100 in a movie sounds like people gossiping far away.

I'm running latest version of Realtek Audio drivers (6.0.1.8397) & the driver says "Realtek (R) Audio" rather than Realtek High Definition Audio

These are the MaxxAudio Pro settings on my G5 & I've tried to max out everything with no use. If I turn off MaxxAudio Pro then the speakers are at their worst (sounds too low to hear anything)

MaxxAudio Pro

Clicking the Sound Test on bottom right corner of MaxxAudio Pro is the only time I realize the potential of these speakers as they sound too good & too loud but that's about it everything else sounds too low I'm unable to use my G5 without a headset

There's another issue with Volume Normalization, every video I try to watch plays at a different volume & I have to keep on adjusting the volume. This I believe is because the Enhancements tab is missing from the Speakers/Headphones Properties in Sound settings due to Realtek drivers. As a result there's no Volume Normalization in play leading to this problem.

Any help to resolve these issues would be highly appreciated

9.4K Posts

August 9th, 2018 05:00

Hi RudyHunt,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately audio issues can be very frustrating.  Have you run a systems diagnostics yet?  Please run diagnostics by running Dell SupportAssist or by pressing F12 at startup.

Here are some troubleshooting tips from the Dell Knowledge base you can try:

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

How to Fix Audio Problems in Windows 10

Troubleshooting Waves Maxx Audio Software

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

2 Posts

August 9th, 2018 10:00

Hello Robert, thanks for the response & yes I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting with no results. Every troubleshooter says the speakers are good & I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 with all updates installed including the latest Realtek drivers

I know it's not the hardware as I mentioned earlier the sound test from MaxxAudio produces excellent sound but everywhere else it's pretty low.

I wish to know if there's a way to enable Enhancements tab under Sound settings while using the Realtek drivers, so I could at least tweak the settings & figure out a way to normalize the sound cause I'm assuming that might be the cause

September 22nd, 2018 06:00

same issue same model :( 

October 12th, 2018 05:00

Same problem, same model. The deep sound is very cheap. The device go back to the shop. Hungary

October 12th, 2018 06:00

If you have the KB4464630 cumulative update, your laptop hardware is not at fault. The fault lies with Microsoft, not just version 1809, but the first repair package. Here's a fresh article about this and how to solve the audio problem.

October 12th, 2018 14:00

Thanks for the reply! The problem with me is interestingly, that the sounds are beautiful, but there is no deep range, but not very much. I bought the device in days, and my Lenovo laptop before that - and cheaper by $ 100,000 - was more dynamic. This is just strange because the tests point to the Dell G5 voice praises.

October 12th, 2018 14:00

Thanks for the reply! The problem with me is interestingly, that the sounds are beautiful, but there is no deep range, but not very much. This is just strange because the tests point to the Dell G5 voice praises.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2018 07:00

After the november Realtek audio  driver update ALC3246 (6.0.1.8551 ,A01) and the Waves Maxx audio pro app (1.1.131.0 ,A06) the second one stopped working. I mean no matter which slider, option i change in the maxx audio pro app it does not affect the sound in any way.
The audio seems a little bit louder on this driver so I would like to stick to it but I would like to be able to make changes in the Maxx Audio  app as well. Anybody else encountered the same issue and would help a borther out?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 9th, 2018 09:00

The Waves update to which you refer is not actually an update but only takes you to the Microsoft store so you can install it.  The Waves utility is already included in the main Audio update for Realtek, so not sure exactly what is happening with that.  It does mention the Intel Smart Sound Technology is enabled with the latest Realtek driver and that has caused problems for me with desktop and sound delays during normal operations. 

I believe the Intel audio was one reason Microsoft pulled back the Fall build upgrade.  It seems the problem has been corrected now.  I only have one system which uses the Intel Smart sound and it is a 2-in-1 Modern standby system.  Part of the Smart Sound process involves allowing Cortana to bring a Modern standby system out of its low power mode.  If you have an 8th generation processor, it may behave differently than my 7th generation system.

Other folks have mentioned changing equalizer settings in Waves does not effect their sound.  Something I have not been able to understand since for my internal speakers and wired headsets, it effects the sound quite a bit.  I do notice in the Windows Sound Control Panel, the enhancements have been removed and I normally leave the Spatial sound off.

If nothing else seems to work, make some outrageous change in the equalizer, then save that preset to see if anything changes.  You should also be able to hear changes when you select one of the default presets normally selectable from the top of the equalizer window.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2018 15:00

Unfortunately still no luck with the preset changing :(
Yes, I do have the 8th gen cpu.
The only driver that seems to be working with Maxx Audio is ALC3246 6.0.1.8425_A02 but I encounter lower maximum output and crackling sound on it. Hope it's not a hardware issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 9th, 2018 18:00

I wish I could tell you how to fix your system, but it is hard to find problems if you don't have the actual system to check.

The other day I installed a driver from another system for testing and it seems to have messed up my system. So I had to go through the entire process and the result was amazing.

I started by downloading the Realtek drivers, not the Waves special update. I then went offline and started uninstalling stuff in the Device Manager. I stated with the Intel Smart Sound which shows in the System area and uninstalled all of its drivers. I then went and uninstalled the Realtek sound driver and all of its drivers.

I rebooted and checked the Device manager to see if it showed a vanilla driver for the Realtek device and it did. Then I reinstalled the Realtek downloaded driver and that was it. Everything reinstalled and the sound came back with no distortion and the popup worked normally.

I did have to play with the presets to get back my original one.

There may be some problem with your system but hopefully not. Your comments about low sound volume I have seen before, but never experienced myself. All of my systems are of the 7th generation and the only 8th generation processor I have is on my ASUS desktop system.

Something I notice is the Waves icon used to be with the hidden icons on the Taskbar but now it does not show up. I have to use the Apps Maxx Audio to start the Waves User Interface.

If you think some snipping tool picture of the UI or some other settings, you should be able to attach it to your post.

11 Posts

December 10th, 2018 09:00

Whoa thx for the rich support m8.
I did try to install all the drivers from scratch I mean I did delete everything i could and I prevented the officious win10 from installing anything automatically. To no avail. The only thing I couldn't delete was the Wave Maxx Audio app itself as it doesn't have an uninstall option, neither in add/remove programs nor in the start menu under the right mouse button click - maybe that's the true issue? Any idea how to remove it?
I had to run the Maxx Audio app manually almost from the beginning of using this device - just like you said.
Not sure which elements of UI to attach - the device manager? MaxxAudio? System spec?
I do realise how difficult it is to resolve an issue without access to the machine physically - I just run out of ideas and am a fart away from tearing my hair out of my head.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 10th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. This issue has been escalated to our product team & they are working on this.

Realtek has the latest drivers but somehow there is an issue when WavesMaxx is installed. I am afraid, I do not have an ETA for the new update yet, but I can confirm that the concerned team is working with WavesMaxx on this.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 11th, 2018 10:00

@Spavatch wrote:

The only thing I couldn't delete was the Wave Maxx Audio app itself as it doesn't have an uninstall option, neither in add/remove programs nor in the start menu under the right mouse button click - maybe that's the true issue? Any idea how to remove it?

Not sure which elements of UI to attach - the device manager? MaxxAudio? System spec?
I do realise how difficult it is to resolve an issue without access to the machine physically - I just run out of ideas and am a fart away from tearing my hair out of my head.

If the Waves does not uninstall, check the apps listing of the Start Menu and look for Waves MaxxAudio Pro.  Right clicking should bring up an uninstall option.

If not there, open Settings-Apps and use the Programs and Features link to see if it is listed and can be uninstalled from there.

The UI is the Waves UI, but when troubleshooting, the Windows Sound Control panel may come into play.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2018 10:00

Hi, I have same problem :/
No Events found!