Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

August 8th, 2018 10:00

Inspiron G5 15-5587, Speakers volume very low

Ever since I got my hands on Dell G5 5587 I'm experiencing a couple of issues. The most frustrating one would be the low volume from speakers. Volume at 100 in a movie sounds like people gossiping far away.

I'm running latest version of Realtek Audio drivers (6.0.1.8397) & the driver says "Realtek (R) Audio" rather than Realtek High Definition Audio

These are the MaxxAudio Pro settings on my G5 & I've tried to max out everything with no use. If I turn off MaxxAudio Pro then the speakers are at their worst (sounds too low to hear anything)

MaxxAudio Pro

Clicking the Sound Test on bottom right corner of MaxxAudio Pro is the only time I realize the potential of these speakers as they sound too good & too loud but that's about it everything else sounds too low I'm unable to use my G5 without a headset

There's another issue with Volume Normalization, every video I try to watch plays at a different volume & I have to keep on adjusting the volume. This I believe is because the Enhancements tab is missing from the Speakers/Headphones Properties in Sound settings due to Realtek drivers. As a result there's no Volume Normalization in play leading to this problem.

Any help to resolve these issues would be highly appreciated

December 15th, 2018 04:00

I have this trouble too. Dell G5 5587 Intel Core i7 8750H, Win 10 64 bit.

14 Posts

December 16th, 2018 06:00

I still have the exact same problem on my G5 as well. I hope it will be fixed soon.

10 Posts

December 18th, 2018 17:00

I solve this issue just installing previous Realtek drivers but Windows still try to install a new one automatically. Do you have any idea? At the moment I use metered connection in Windows to prevent auto update but this isn't super comfortable.

8 Posts

December 18th, 2018 20:00

Really? When i installed previous Realtek drivers, Maxx Audio doesn't work. It says "Driver is not updated"

10 Posts

December 19th, 2018 07:00

Maybe try uninstall Realtek device in device manager before installing new one. In my case this works

1 Message

December 20th, 2018 19:00

Estou com o mesmo problema no meu Dell G5 5587. Não consigo usar o equalizador do Maxx Audio

219 Posts

December 22nd, 2018 11:00

try this v6.0.1.8557 driver from Dell (even though not listed for the 5587)

then download the latest Waves Maxxaudio Pro UWP app from the Microsoft store.

8 Posts

December 29th, 2018 22:00

After installing i've got a problem with Intel Smart Sound... No sound at all...

2 Posts

December 30th, 2018 10:00

Hi - I am having the exact same problem, and the solutions that you proposed do not resolve the issue. The article mentioned in this forum indicates that it is a Windows update issue.  Can you please verify if this is the case, and/or if there is any other solution to this problem. Audio is a very important part of the laptop, and I'm surprised that this hasn't been addressed in better detail.

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 31st, 2018 05:00

Thank you for your message. This was escalated to our product team a couple of weeks back and Dell engineering is aware of the issue they are working with the vendor for an update. This is an issue with Maxx audio application and not the hardware. I am afraid, we do not have an ETA on the release date for the new fix. You should get a notification on Dell Support Assist. Alternatively, you can keep a track of the driver versions on the Inspiron G5 15-5587 driver page.

2 Posts

December 31st, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the update, and I am glad to hear that this is being addressed.   However, on a broader topic, and purely as constructive feedback, it is disappointing to me that something as fundamental as sound was not picked up earlier by your Team or that of the Engineers. This very obvious and glaring issue should not take so long to discover, nor resolve. In the future, can you please challenge your colleagues to both proactively identify and also resolve these issues sooner.

• 

25K Posts

December 31st, 2018 10:00

Thanks for reaching out to us. I would suggest you to follow the steps in the link below to run the audio troubleshooter.

https://dell.to/2QeIYwd

Also, you can troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues.

https://dell.to/2QeIZ3f

8 Posts

January 4th, 2019 23:00

Pls fix the drivers.

22 Posts

January 7th, 2019 14:00

@mal94 wrote:
I solve this issue just installing previous Realtek drivers but Windows still try to install a new one automatically. Do you have any idea? At the moment I use metered connection in Windows to prevent auto update but this isn't super comfortable. 

If this works, then it would be slightly better

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

As you'd still get security updates

11 Posts

January 8th, 2019 15:00

Mr Dell-SreejithR, any luck with the solution?

No Events found!