Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

August 8th, 2018 10:00

Inspiron G5 15-5587, Speakers volume very low

Ever since I got my hands on Dell G5 5587 I'm experiencing a couple of issues. The most frustrating one would be the low volume from speakers. Volume at 100 in a movie sounds like people gossiping far away.

I'm running latest version of Realtek Audio drivers (6.0.1.8397) & the driver says "Realtek (R) Audio" rather than Realtek High Definition Audio

These are the MaxxAudio Pro settings on my G5 & I've tried to max out everything with no use. If I turn off MaxxAudio Pro then the speakers are at their worst (sounds too low to hear anything)

MaxxAudio Pro

Clicking the Sound Test on bottom right corner of MaxxAudio Pro is the only time I realize the potential of these speakers as they sound too good & too loud but that's about it everything else sounds too low I'm unable to use my G5 without a headset

There's another issue with Volume Normalization, every video I try to watch plays at a different volume & I have to keep on adjusting the volume. This I believe is because the Enhancements tab is missing from the Speakers/Headphones Properties in Sound settings due to Realtek drivers. As a result there's no Volume Normalization in play leading to this problem.

Any help to resolve these issues would be highly appreciated

5 Posts

January 8th, 2019 23:00

I have the exact same problem. I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron G7 i7-8750H laptop with MaxxAudio just 2 days ago. Even volume at max (100) sounds too low. When I run the Sound Test from the MaxxAudio Pro app, the speakers sound really good and loud but I never get even half of that quality otherwise. I am so disappointed that something as fundamental as sound is not up to the mark with Dell. Hope there is a quick solution to this problem. Otherwise I have no choice but to return this laptop

5 Posts

January 15th, 2019 09:00

Even the seller admitted that there is a problem with low audio on Dell Inspiron G series laptops. So I had to return it. Hope Dell fixes the problem soon and updates here. 

7 Posts

January 15th, 2019 20:00

Same problem here, test in Maxx audio showcases just how good the speakers are. In every other application, they're extremely quiet. Any ETA on a driver fix?

January 18th, 2019 08:00

Having the same problem with my Inspiron G5 15-5587, with Waves MaxxAudio not working at all. At this point my Inspiron 7577 sounds much better and this is pretty disappointing given that they are essentially the same machine. Please fix Dell!

January 18th, 2019 13:00

Has there been any word on a resolution yet? The Waves MaxxAudio on my G5 5587 is still not working and at this point my 7577 sounds better.

This is especially disappointing as they are essentially the same machine. Please fix this Dell!

1 Message

January 19th, 2019 12:00

Yes, I have the same issue for some months now!

14 Posts

January 24th, 2019 06:00

Is there still no ETA for the update? Is the concerned team still working on it? 

I've noticed that the driver page now only offers MaxAudioPro (Version: 1.1.21.0 ,A01), an older version.

Would the older version work again? But the application still leads to Microsoft Store with the latest version (1.1.131.0).

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 24th, 2019 08:00

I am afraid, we do not have an update on the new drivers yet. However, we tried a couple of older drivers & they seem to work fine. These drivers worked on multiple models. Please try installing the older version from the Dell Support site.

14 Posts

January 25th, 2019 05:00

Thanks a lot, I didn't notice that you're offering the older Realtek driver now too.

I installed it and the sound is finally back to normal with MaxxAudio working :)

11 Posts

January 28th, 2019 11:00

The 6.0.1.8551 driver (the one that Wave Maxx didn't work with) was a lot louder. The maximum output was much better not only with the internal speakers but on headphones too (in PUBG for example). Would be very grateful If in any near or later future You would be able to make em work with Maxx Audio.

January 30th, 2019 01:00

Could you give a direct link to these drivers or indicate versions of drivers which definitely have no problems with MaxxAudio?

11 Posts

January 30th, 2019 11:00

Drivers that work with Maxx Audio but have low max audio output (imho sound is distorted with headphones and Maxx Audio on):

Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_2VKKK_WIN_6.0.1.8397_A00

Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_27NGT_WIN_6.0.1.8425_A02

Driver from Dec-2018, doesn't work with Maxx Audio - a lot higher audio output though - my driver of choice:

Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_PK4XX_WIN_6.0.1.8551_A01

All of them were available to download on the official Dell site for G5 5587 but now only the 8397 is.

8 Posts

January 31st, 2019 10:00

Any chance to resolve this problem now??? The older driver weren't working for me.

I have installed Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_2VKKK_WIN_6.0.1.8397_A00 but it does no effect with EQ... Absolutely horrible. It's a shame Dell haven't resolved this problem yet.

15 Posts

February 1st, 2019 16:00

Nice, I had the same issue, after a clean install it worked back again, but today, after the site showed up new audio driver, I had install it and it doesn't work again.

1: can't enable noise reduction because it says that wave Nx is enabled (which is not because I can't enable it with external speaker);

2: when I play something, like a video from YouTube, the audio start very loud and I have to disable and enable again maxxaudio enhanchements to "normalize" the volume, then if I pause and resume the video the problem comes again;

No Events found!