Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Dell G5 5587 Waves Maxx Audio doesn't work after update

Any chance to resolve this problem now??? The older driver weren't working for me.

I have installed Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_2VKKK_WIN_6.0.1.8397_A00 but it does no effect with EQ... Absolutely horrible. It's a shame Dell haven't resolved this problem yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Nice, I had the same issue, after a clean install it worked back again, but today, after the site showed up new audio driver, I had install it and it doesn't work again.

1: can't enable noise reduction because it says that wave Nx is enabled (which is not because I can't enable it with external speaker);

2: when I play something, like a video from YouTube, the audio start very loud and I have to disable and enable again maxxaudio enhanchements to "normalize" the volume, then if I pause and resume the video the problem comes again;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

i was talking about 6.0.1.8619 ,A02 , this version made the problem yesterday.

even trying to reinstall didn't make any difference, wave NX results enabled and i can't modify neither wave NX neither the option like noise reduction

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Yesterday I updated the bios to 1.8 and installed 6.0.1.8619_A02 and waves maxx audio now affects the audio.

The only problem now is windows update wants to install 6.0.1.8397, I'll see what happens later...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

With the 6.0.1.8619_A02 driver the options "width" and "midnight" are gone from the waves maxx audio pro application. Is it supposed to be like that from now on?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

False alarm, they're back after the restart.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

@Spavatch wrote:

The only thing I couldn't delete was the Wave Maxx Audio app itself as it doesn't have an uninstall option, neither in add/remove programs nor in the start menu under the right mouse button click - maybe that's the true issue? Any idea how to remove it?

Not sure which elements of UI to attach - the device manager? MaxxAudio? System spec?
I do realise how difficult it is to resolve an issue without access to the machine physically - I just run out of ideas and am a fart away from tearing my hair out of my head.

If the Waves does not uninstall, check the apps listing of the Start Menu and look for Waves MaxxAudio Pro.  Right clicking should bring up an uninstall option.

If not there, open Settings-Apps and use the Programs and Features link to see if it is listed and can be uninstalled from there.

The UI is the Waves UI, but when troubleshooting, the Windows Sound Control panel may come into play.

2 Bronze

I have this trouble too. Dell G5 5587 Intel Core i7 8750H, Win 10 64 bit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I still have the exact same problem on my G5 as well. I hope it will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos