Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron G5 SE 5505 (refurbished), keeps restarting when I load a game

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I bought a refurbished Dell Inspiron G5 SE 5505  gaming pc with AMD Ryzen 5 46000H CPU, it has an integrated GPU and a RX 5600M graphics card.

It keeps crashing every time I load quite simple games. It will get to the menu then just restart the whole laptop. I've only tried loading Fall guys and BattleBlock theatre so they aren't even particularly intense games to run.

So far I've tried:
Updating drivers in device manager for the Display Adapters
Downloading the latest BIOS from the site (version 1.3.0)
Ran the SupportAssist driver test and downloaded any recommended

Can anyone please help? I know a refurbished isn't new but it was from the Dell Outlet site. Surely it should be work better then this if it is advertised as a gaming laptop.

I saw @DELL-Cares was helping with a similar issue here but was helping people individually.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Inspiron G5 SE 5505 (refurbished), keeps restarting when I load a game

Jump to solution

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work the issue. You may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Inspiron G5 5505 may reboot, shut down, hang, blue or black screen, abnormal display color, during i...

DELL-Cares
#IWork4Dell
Forum Code of Conduct
Monitor issues, read this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work the issue. You may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Inspiron G5 5505 may reboot, shut down, hang, blue or black screen, abnormal display color, during i...

DELL-Cares
#IWork4Dell
Forum Code of Conduct
Monitor issues, read this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My machine is doing the exact same thing. I have sent it back once already and getting ready to send it again. I really wish Dell would acknowledge they have a quality issue and offer refunds to those impacted. This has been truly an awful experience and have been recommending to everyone to stay clear.

0 Kudos