Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

6 Posts

May 19th, 2019 15:00

Inspiron G7 15-7588, BIOS 1.10.0, Nvidia error code 43

Anyone experience this? I had this issue since last nights update to the 1.10.0 bios. As soon as I would do anything that would use the Nvidia GTX 1060 Max-Q card, it would hang the system and then issue this error. I tried Dells supported driver and latest from Nvidia and no change, until I rolled the bios back to 1.9.0. Now the issue is gone. I have been playing ARK for the last hour, and it has yet to have any issues on 1.9.0.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 19th, 2019 18:00

Just a bit of advice concerning BIOS updates. Many users feel that they have to update the BIOS anytime a new version is released. Unless you are experiencing an issue that the new version Specifically addresses, I would never update the BIOS on a system that is working properly. I have seen too many posts from users that have seen their system go from trouble free to errors and system crashes simply because they wanted the newest BIOS version. Don't misunderstand, in some cases a BIOS update can correct a problem you may be having but by and large the old axiom, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" really applies here.

May 20th, 2019 23:00

Agreed. However as this was a security fix for the intel ME, I thought it would be harmless. 

May 22nd, 2019 06:00

Well it appears it is not the bios, I fear that the Nvidia card is failing. I will be launching a service request. error 43.png

May 27th, 2019 15:00

System will be sent in for mainboard replacement. Kudos to Dell technical support.

No Events found!