jerrr1
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron G7 15-7590, CPU temp extremely high

Soo, yesterday night did some research, a friend of mine suggested running TronScript ( which removes all windows bloatware etc ). Successfully launched and waited for about 2 hours to complete. Afterwards downloaded intel XTU did undervolt of -0.140 mV, and changed turbo boost power max to 75.50 W ( Before 60 W ). next downloaded MSI afterburner, where i boosted core clock for about 120 MHz, and memory clock for about 80 MHz, Now in idle my Dell G7590 ( RTX 2070 MQ, i7-9750H ) is running at 40*C degrees, stress tests max temp now is around 86*C Degrees, ( Before 96-100 ) ( even with just an undervolt ) all the time before it was Thermal throttling and power limit throttling. For now i have eliminated both of them, but im thinking about repasting ASAP this laptop, to achieve better temps, because even with a laptop cooler pad its real pain in the ... 🙂 Before that had same problem as js0uth, it just randomly hits max temp and restarts laptop, now for already a day everything feels fine and smooth.

I will keep experimenting with the settings in XTU and MSI to get even better results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kugel33
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron G7 15-7590, CPU temp extremely high

Thanks! I ran XTU and Msi afterburner, tried those but still continued getting 90C to 95C.

However. I turned off the computer, opened the BIOs (F2 on startup) and disabled Turbo Boost Technology (under performance, I think?).

This reduced temperatures down to 60C to 70C under max load. The fans arent kicking in high gear either. Obviously going to have performance loss but this will be the quick fix until I repaste it.

0 Kudos