Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 13:00

Inspiron G7 17-7790, AWCC/AlienFX, issues

Hi I have just gotten my  brand new dell G7 7790 and it should come with a functional Alienware Commandcenter, however, as soon as I open it, I receive an error:

Warning
No supported AlienFx devices were detected. Alienware Command Center will enable the full FX experience once an AlienFX compatible device is connected. I have tried uninstalling and installing the drives but have not succeeded with the problem.

Any help?

2 Posts

February 20th, 2019 07:00

I am facing the same issue

February 22nd, 2019 09:00

I have the same issue with my G5 5590 and the OC tab is missing as well.  There is also conflicting information on this.  The support manual says the RGB 4 zone is an option, but under the specs it's not listed as an option (I also didn't see where you can pick this option)  I also asked before purchasing if it came standard with the 4 zone RGB keyboard and they said yes.

Below is directly from the config of the laptop I ordered:

Keyboard
Standard full-size, spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad
Backlit full-size, spill-resistant WASD keyboard with numeric keypad
4-zone RGB backlit full-size, spill-resistant WASD keyboard with numeric keypad (US English only)

I put in a support ticket and awaiting a response.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 22nd, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. What is the BIOS version installed?

Could you share an image of the command center error message you get?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

February 22nd, 2019 11:00

It won't let me send you a private message but attached is the error: I updated my BIOS to the latest today and that didn't solve it.  I will get the version when I reboot.

AlienFXError.png

February 22nd, 2019 16:00

Just so you know, we are out of luck on this unless you got the 17 and it looks like you did.  Dell's website is wrong for the G5.  It says it comes with the RGB keyboard on one page, then when you click on the details it doesn't, unless you buy the $1700 model.  The G7 15 it only comes as an option on the 2nd ($1500) model and higher.  The G 7 17 should work.  I was told by support maybe try uninstalling and using the Microsoft app version instead of the one from Dell.

RGBKeyboard.png

4 Posts

May 31st, 2019 18:00

ps. Do not tell me to update everything, I have

4 Posts

May 31st, 2019 18:00

Come on Dell, FIX THIS ALREADY!!

MY G7 7790 1 MONTH OLD,  installed new larger hard drive to suit my needs but ZERO SUPPORT installing everything from fresh.

Seriously dissappointed with this new machine, AVOID BUYING!  the specs are great but the support is hidious!!

SORT OUT YOUR ALIENWARE COMMAND CENTER & OC SETTINGS TO WORK WITH EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!

1 Message

November 21st, 2019 16:00

I have the same problem.

November 24th, 2019 07:00

i also have the same issue. i purchased this yesterday. an update took away oc controls and fx control 

1 Message

December 12th, 2019 13:00

I'm having the same issue, just opened my laptop today, tried uninstalling the driver and downloaded the newest and still no luck. Has anyone been able to fix the problem? 

5 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 01:00

Same issue, I can't control thermals and the default fan curve is bullshit. My laptop is overheating a lot. It feels like its going to melt

5 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 09:00

This solved it for me:

first try this:

Uninstall AWCC Properly 

Then this:

Solved solution for awcc 

hope it worked

No Events found!