Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2019 00:00

Inspiron G7 17-7790, Intel XTU, AWCC??

I hope someone can help me. I am new to gaming on a PC/Laptop regularly. I love my Xbox, no decisions to make except when to stop playing. I have an Inspiron G7 17-7790 i7 8th Gen, lots of RAM (more on the way) 16GB DDR4 at 2600 MHz, plus all the bells and whistles. The software that came with it, What can I get rid of  From Dell and Windows 10 build 1903. I am sure there must be a lot of stuff running in the background that I can turn off or kill. I really need to know if I use Intel XTU and AWCC together or one or the other. Plus, Dells Power Management App is a bit of a tricky one to balance. I use my laptop for polishing off and recording music mainly, But its got the hardware to game, so I will game. Any useful tips, help, advice would be a tremendous help. I know you guy's/gal's are the one's to ask.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 17th, 2019 06:00

When the AC adapter is plugged in, it is normal to see battery usage go down. This is working as designed. The Intel XTU and AWCC can be used in conjunction. After you make any change in them, restart the Inspiron G7 17-7790. As far as uninstalling Dell software, it is your call to test which ones to uninstall. Be sure to restart the Inspiron G7 17-7790 after uninstalling any software, then retest. You can always reinstall the software.

No Events found!