Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2020 02:00

Inspiron N5110 Motherboard Upgrade possible?

Hello,

I was wondering if there were motherboard modifications for Dell 15R N5110 laptop, of a later production,

which would support later generation CPUs?

I was looking on AliExpress, and for the most part that's Palubeira motherboard (original).

Does anybody know if there is a motherboard that would support 6th, 7th Gen CPUs for this laptop in existence?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 24th, 2020 03:00

In most cases the motherboard design, I/O ports and location and cabling is specific to a given model.  

This is a 2012 era model.  Use your money wisely and consider a new/newer model. 

January 21st, 2021 01:00

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 core i3 with 4GB of Ram( Two Modules of 2 GB Each) & 500GB HDD.
Now I upgraded my system by replacing 500GB HDD with New ADATA SU650 SSD Drive in the motherboard and inserted new Ram Modules of 4GB+4GB in the place of 2GB Modules, as well as I removed Optical Drive DVD Rom and inserted 500 GB HDD by using CADDY Drive in the place of DVD rom.

I have formatted both the drives SSD & HDD and Intsall Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit in SSD as a Primary Disk.
There is no data stored or installed in the laptop instead of DELL Laptop Drivers.

Now my Upgraded System have following specs,
240GB SSD (in motherboard)
500GB HDD (in the place of DVD Rom)
8GB of RAM

But the problem is that, I am facing issue while turning on my laptop. It takes more than 2 minutes to show Desktop after turning ON the Laptop ON/OFF Button. It takes a bit longer than normal. It should be turned ON quickly because I have installed new SSD Drive as well as Upgraded its Ram from 4 GB to 8GB.

As I tested SSD read/write Speed Test , It shows good results i.e 550 MB/s Read and 475 Mb/s Write.

What is the solution of this problem. Waiting for your honest opinion.

Have a good day ahead.
Thank you in advance.

No Events found!