Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2021 20:00

Integrated webcam installed but no image

I made sure my drivers were up to date. Various online test programs "find" my webcam, but no image. The privacy settings are open. I get the light, but no image. With a Zoom test, audio works, but no image.

One online test gave me two possible errors:

• It seems your webcam shows a one-color filling. This may be due to a malfunction or third-party application that “mutes” the video stream.
  • It seems your web camera streams video as a static image. Either the webcam hangs, or as a video source, it uses regular image.

I don't have any odd video program on my computer. As of last week, my third-party camera worked fine, but I'm traveling, and didn't bring it, thinking I'd just rely on the integrated camera for a few days. 

Any ideas?

Inspiron 14, with Windows 10, intel core i7, Intel IRISx graphics

14 Posts

June 28th, 2021 10:00

No one told me that there was an on/off switch over the lens itself. I finally found out on an advice board.

Working now. Thanks for your help.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

June 28th, 2021 06:00

It may be that the integrated webcam isn't connected and disassembly may be required to re-connect it.

Does it show up in Device Manager?

14 Posts

June 28th, 2021 07:00

Yes, it shows up on device manager. It says it's working. It says drivers are up to date. When I go to various online test sites, including the Zoom test, it says it can find the camera--but no image, even though the light goes on.

I very much appreciate your time in responding to my query. However, I'm not going to have a go at my hardware with a screwdriver!

June 29th, 2021 22:00

same problem with my laptop, how did u overcome through this ,plz tell

• 

25.1K Posts

June 30th, 2021 03:00

Hi RKoreto, we are glad to know the issue is resolved to your satisfaction. We will proceed towards archiving the case. Do reach out if you need any further assistance. 

14 Posts

June 30th, 2021 04:00

Depending on your model, there may be a little bar in front of the camera to protect your privacy. You can physically slide it to one side to uncover it and have it work. That's what worked for me. (Oddly, no one told me about this!)

2 Posts

June 30th, 2021 23:00

If the webcam still does not function, the webcam software should also be uninstalled and reinstalled after the drivers are installed.

2 Posts

July 12th, 2021 22:00

I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading.

1 Message

March 27th, 2023 08:00

Same thing with me. Pass your finger just above the camera and you will feel the switch.

No Events found!