Highlighted
LjubomirS
1 Nickel

Intel AC 7260 on Inspiron 3543

On INSPIRON 3543 with Windows 10 I replaced the factory preinstalled Broadcom WiFi card DW1704 with Intel WiFi card AC 7260. However the card has a problem with starting (Error code 411). Does someone know how to overcome this problem?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jphughan
5 Tungsten

Re: Intel AC 7260 on Inspiron 3543

Have you installed the latest drivers from Intel?  If so, what CPU does your 3543 have?  I remember a while ago I was unable to get any of 3 different Intel WiFi card models to work in a system with an AMD CPU and NVIDIA motherboard chipset (back when they made motherboard chipsets), so I'm wondering if that might be the issue here.  Otherwise, I suppose a defective card is always a possibility.  Where are you seeing this error code though -- in Device Manager?  I'm not finding anything about error 411 in Device Manager.  If you're seeing that somewhere else, what do the Device Manager properties for this WiFi card say?

0 Kudos
LjubomirS
1 Nickel

I installed the latest Intel driver dated on 29.4.2018. The Inspiron 3543 notebook is with Intel® core™ I5-5200U CPU @2.20 GHz with installed memory RAM 8.00 GB. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro, build version 1803. The card is not defective! The integrated Bluetooth with the card is working. Additionally, I am able to boot the notebook from USB with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS amd64, and in this case the WiFi card  is working faultless.  The error coda that I posted I fund in Event Viewer. In the Device Manager , under Network adapters, for Intel ® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, I am having in the General tab, for Device status  “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”. Any idea!?

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Tungsten

If WiFi works in Linux, then obviously the card is indeed not defective, but fyi on cards like this, the WiFi segment runs over PCIe and the Bluetooth segment runs over USB since mPCIe and M.2 slots include access to both interfaces, so Bluetooth working would not necessarily mean that WiFi is also working properly at a hardware level.  So it's a good thing you could test Linux.  Did you uninstall the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers from your old card?  If not, try that.  If it still doesn't work, try also uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel WiFi drivers, because errors like this point to driver issues, so maybe something simply went wrong the first time they were installed.  And if you have any third-party anti-virus running, try disabling that during all of this in case it interfered with the installation and/or uninstallation routine.

0 Kudos