Highlighted

Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

=========================================================================

CONTENTS OF POST:

•  [1] Solution     [2] Error Message     [3] Details about my experience with this issue

========================================================================

[1] SOLUTION

STEPS TO RESOLVE ISSUE "Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning" | Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll '

• UNINSTALL Intel Optane Software

Start >> Type: Control Panel >> Launch Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> You should see a specific Intel Optane Software Component  >>  Click on Intel Optane Software  >> Click Uninstall >> Restart PC

[2] ERROR MESSAGE:  Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL  Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

(screenshot of error message)

Intel Optane Memory PinningIntel Optane Memory Pinning

[3] Details about my experience with this issue

• My error started on 29-AUG-2019 after a bigger/longer Windows or Dell update.
  • MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Dell Inspirion 17 5000 Series.
  • Windows 10 Home. 
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz  1.99 GHz;
  • Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB; System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

FYI...   My Dell laptop doesn't have Intel Optane Memory:

No Intel Optane Memory on my PCNo Intel Optane Memory on my PC

Note: The resolution above applies to DELL PCs without Intel Optane Memory.  If you have Intel Optane Memory, visit :

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/Intel-Optane-tm-Memory-Pinning-can-not-load-the-file-li...

13 Replies
Highlighted
5 Rhenium

Re: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

Welcome to the Dell Community  @TheGrandCanyonState 

For such an industry wide error such an easy fix.

A very nice and concise post!!!

Best regards,

U2

HP EliteBook 8770w i7-3630QM 32GB
HP ZBook 17 G2 i5-4310M 16GB
HP ZBook 17 G4 Xeon E3-1505M v6 32GB
HP Color LaserJet M553dn 40ppm
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ': The specified module could not be found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

It´s worked for me!

Thanks a lot! 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dl

I just did the below, although I just deleted it and no more notifications!

1. Run Programs and Features. ...
  2. From the list of programs, look for one labeled 'Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions'.
  3. Once you've found it, right-click on it, then select 'Repair' from the short context menu.
  4. Once the repair process is complete, restart your computer.
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: "Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning: Unable to load DLL ' iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll ": The specified module could not be found.

Uninstalling the indicated module cleared up the problem immediately w/o a reboot.  The errors only stared to appear in the last week after a Dell or Windows update.

What I don't understand is why Intel goes ahead and installs Optane when it knows you don't have any Optane memory.  Wise-up Intel!  Maybe Dell can work with them to not install unnecessary software.  It is just software bloat and clutter.  I can see from Intel's prespective that it is simpler to install everything.  Then in case you ever add Optane memory you're already set to go.  However, is adding Optane memory even possible in Dell laptops?  If not then it there is no point installing the software for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I am not able to uninstall this, Windows Installer gives the following error.

2020-08-05 09_06_18-Window.png

Any ideas for a workaround?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I have the same issue, can't uninstall.  Did you ever figure out how to uninstall?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Worked for me.................

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Thank you. It worked for me...

0 Kudos