Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

September 19th, 2020 06:00

Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program

Long story short, after wifi antena was replaced, the computer started with that message displayed. I have run diagnostics pre-boot, online diagnostics from Dell website and it have passed all tests. I have reset settings to BIOS default, fabric settings and nothing works. I have a SSD instead original HD, but it has being working fine since replacement 2 months ago. I tried to update BIOS, no changes too.

Long story: a physical part of the notebook broke and I got it fixed by an technical place. After that, I was having trouble with wireless connection, and I thought that the fix they made had to do with it. They checked and said I needed to change a piece but I couldn't left the notebook with them. Then, I took it to someone else and him showed me there were something like glue in the end of the antena and I had to buy a new one. He made the replacement and when I got te notebook back, this message was displayed whenever I turned on the notebook. He couldn't solve it and I haven't found the solution yet since all the diagnostics runs fine. I can use the notebook 'cause it allows me to enter the system, however I get this "Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program" everytime.

Can anyone help me?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-19 at 00.51.31.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 22.42.41.jpeg

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

September 19th, 2020 06:00

If it's happening with a dead main battery, it could be just a failed CMOS battery (small CR-2032 battery that backs up the configuration settings).

If it's happening with a charged main battery that's working properly, it's likely a faulty system board.

September 19th, 2020 07:00

@ejn63 he checked the battery and I think the motherboard too, I'm waiting him to confirm. Sorry I didn't add that info into the post, I forgot to mention that.

5.6K Posts

September 19th, 2020 09:00

These two places sound like hacks. 
It is possible they zapped something by not practicing good ESD protection.

Also, I know that these days being in an enclosed room indoors is not a great situation. But, after getting something "fixed", you need to boot up the laptop at the shop and make sure the laptop boots properly.  Suggestion for next time.

1 Rookie

• 

402 Posts

September 19th, 2020 13:00

out of curiosity, what mode is the hdd set to in bios, ahci or raid? whichever one it is, try using the other setting.
No Events found!