Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2018 06:00

3rd party Driver Support worth It?

Is this service worth $10 a month?  Seems kind of high for a $300 laptop when I'm already paying McAfee and Microsoft annual fees.  Are there any alternatives?  Thanks !!!

• 

25.1K Posts

December 31st, 2018 06:00

Hi, Jerry,

Dell does not recommend updating drivers from third party websites as they may not include the correct or updated drivers. Also, they may be just an adware applications.

Please let me know if you are trying to update drivers for any hardware on the system. You can download and install Dell SupportAssist using this link : https://dell.to/2VmFZFC for updating any drivers on the system.

- Ravi

• 

25.1K Posts

December 27th, 2018 07:00

See my reply below.

- Ravi

18 Posts

December 30th, 2018 05:00

Actually it is called Driver Support.  It started to show up when I installed a new printer.  I apparently confused it with Dell Support Assist.  

© 1996-2016 Driver Support. All rights reserved. DRIVER SUPPORT, the DRIVER SUPPORT logo, and DRIVERSUPPORT.COM are trademarks of Driver Support and its affiliated companies. 

All third party products, brands or trademarks listed above are the sole property of their respective owner. No affiliation or endorsement is intended or implied. 

You may uninstall DriverSupport at any time, using the standard uninstall procedures as offered with your computer's Operation System, by accessing the computer's "Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs" folder, selecting 'DriverSupport' from the list of installed applications, and clicking the "Uninstall" button.

No Events found!