Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

February 11th, 2020 03:00

Is anyone else unhappy with their inspiron 15 7000?

I bought my inspiron 15 7000 in November 2018 and ive had nothing but problems with it. it struggles to run basic programs and often crashes ive contacted support about it numerous times only to be told to send it in and for them to only replace the battery in it with no change on the actual problems I sent it in for. ive upgraded the RAM in it done a clean install of windows formatted the drives upgraded the drives etc etc and it still doesnt perform anybetter! 

Ive never had a laptop that is as bad as this.... in fact my old hp pavilion runs everything significantly better and for the price ive paid im seriously unhappy with it. I as wondering if anyone else feels the same about theirs or if ive just got really unlucky?

1.5K Posts

February 11th, 2020 13:00

Well, you haven't posted what your actual hardware is. CPU GPU RAM hard drive/SSD posting your actual full model number helps some of us will that the time to go look up your specification for you. There are many variations of the inspection 15" 7000

If yours has a I3 CPU and Onboard graphics, 4GB or less of RAM and hard drives with no SSD to run your OS on it is going to be slow,  compared to a I7 8GB or more Ram and Discreet GPU, And SSD's is going to be very fast 

2 Posts

February 17th, 2020 02:00

Sorry for the late response, I didnt get a notification I had a reply. 

dont have the actual model at this point in tim but off the top of my head the specs are

I7-8550U

8GB of ram - upgraded to 16 then returned back to 8gb after minimal performance increase

500gb ssd

1.5K Posts

February 17th, 2020 11:00

Well figure out what you have and get back to us. 

You can find the model number of your Dell laptop on the laptop identification label on the bottom of the computer, on the boot screen, in the Windows System Information utility, or by visiting the Dell support website.

On Dell Desktops, the Dell Service Tag sticker is probably located on the back of the computer case, but can also be located on the top or side of the system. Windows users can detect the service tag automatically with SupportAssist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDPVSHHN-SY

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

February 17th, 2020 19:00

When you upgraded to 16 GB, was that an additional module that you installed?

8 GB should be more than enough memory for the next 5 or more years, that is, if the computer is going to be mostly used for internet, productivity & light multitasking*. However, I would reinstall the additional 8 GB module (assuming that you have a free slot available) as this enables dual-channel memory access, which can help improve system performance.

*If you open task manager, click on more details & select the performance tab, you can view how much memory is being used.

No Events found!