Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2019 06:00

Issue with Display Inspiron 3580 I7

Hi,

i have realy big issue with my new brand laptop Inspiron 3580 I7, i have updated all drivers properly but still giving me issue with display, it work only on windows basic display and ignore AMD adapter,

will be appreciated if you could advise how to enable AMD adaper,

Note. in driver manager i can see only one monitor driver which linked to windows basic adapter.

Thanx

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

September 22nd, 2019 07:00

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2019 07:00

Thanx, the topic was helpfull,

this laptop has strange configuration, one weak Video adapter which is Intel, and graphic solution which is AMD,

i'm not sure why such strange configuration they adopt instead of having AMD as Adapter,

with this configuration i don't advise any one to buy laptop with such configuration as you will lose the advantage of having good adapter which you think you will have it.

Regards

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

September 22nd, 2019 08:00

I had a Latitude with the same dual graphic configuration and it could be frustrating at times. I replaced it with an Inspiron 5575 that had a Ryzen CPU with Vega 8 GPU integrated. It works great. Fast, no dual GPU to frustrate me and the Vega 8 GPU integrated is far superior to the Intel Integrated CPU. Intel is in the process of improving the GPU capabilities of their CPUs.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1050022-intel-hires-a-key-nvidia-engineer/

No Events found!