Sanith
1 Nickel

Issue with turning to black screen

I purchased dell inspiron laptop in 2013 just i used this laptop for 1yr and it went to service center for some tech issue, and they charged me 260$ it was came back and after 3month again same prob i faced again i paid 260$ and funny thing is again after 6 months faced same prob and they are saying the particular part is not available they make to wait for 2 years .conclusion is i purchased the laptop for 800$ and spent 1200$ for repair still the laptop is in useless state very poor customer service and poor satisifaction.Dell didnt bother about the. Ustimer satisfaction i highly recommend HP laptop for all the users.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Issue with turning to black screen

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, you ran the diagnostic tool to check Hardware on the system? If no, I suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Power off system. Remove all peripherals (except AC adapter).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive, and then Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

" they are saying the particular part is not available "

What part is it ? Hard drive, Memory, LCD screen or Motherboard ?  

0 Kudos
Sanith
1 Nickel

It is Insiron 15r 5537.

Intel Core i7 4th Gen 

Hardrive :1Tb

Memory : 8 Gb

Screen : Touch Screen (1366*768)

Operating System : Windows 8

0 Kudos
Sanith
1 Nickel

Hi Lsufan,

Thanks for the response...

I tired but it’s not turning on no resposnse or sound from motherboard.

Here are the Details of my laptop

Insiron 15r 5537.

Intel Core i7 4th Gen

Hardrive :1Tb

Memory : 8 Gb

Screen : Touch Screen (1366*768)

Operating System : Windows 8

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Please close the display and turn the computer over. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter, and remove battery by sliding the battery latches on each end of the battery bay to the unlock position. You will hear a click when the battery is unlocked. Lift and remove the battery off the computer base to disconnect it from the computer. Press the 'Power On' button for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

If removing the battery doesn't work:

I suggest reseating the memory modules in the system. There should be two internally-accessible DDR3L SODIMM connectors . Before attempting to remove the computer cover and battery, I suggest reading the Service Manual thoroughly in link below.

Support for Inspiron 15R 5537 | Manuals & documents | Dell US

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

And check out the video in link below. It will give you a better sense of the location of the Memory Modules.

Dell Inspiron 15R (5537) Memory Video Tutorial Teardown

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Any updates Sanith ?

0 Kudos