Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2022 18:00

Issues upgrading NVMe in G3 3779

I am out of space on my C drive, which is an nvme 128 gb hard drive.  I have cloned it using aoemi, set the active partition to the OS partirion but the laptop doesn't seem to recognize any bootable device when I swap disks, as I get in the setup menu...  I have tried to put the right partition as the bootable one (I tried all partirions on that drive) and still can't get Windows to boot up.  I know the hard drive is there as I see all partitions, but no success getting the laptop to boot up properly.

Any help, hints or how tos woudl be greatly appreciated.   Thanks...

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

August 5th, 2022 07:00

Try using Macrium Reflect. I've used it several times and rarely run into any problems. I've experienced boot issues with the cloned drive as well when using utilities such as Aoemi Partition Assistant and MiniTool Partition Wizard, particularly with newer versions of Windows.

If your computer is fairly new and Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery is up-to-date, you should find a disk cloning option when you boot into the recovery partition. You can try that as well, but I've personally haven't used it yet. I'm not even sure if you can resize the partitions on the target drive, or if it's automatic and does it for you.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2022 09:00

Man, thanks a lot for that suggestion.  Worked like a charm on first attempt...  Not even had to temper with BIOS settings...  Guess AOMEI is getting uninstalled!!!

No Events found!