YousufSSyed
1 Copper

Issues with Inspiron 5579

I've had this issue for a while now, sometimes my PC would crash (and sometimes freeze in the middle of a session which I would then hold the power button to make it go to sleep and then again to wake it back up) saying UNEXEPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and then my PC would reboot saying "Hard Drive Not Installed", what I kept doing each time was opening the device and reseating the SATA connector and then it would work. Another issue with my device is that if I left it alone for several minutes, it would restart by itself, sometimes into the BIOS diagnostics test (which would then beep a really annoying tone afterwards). Any solutions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Issues with Inspiron 5579

Possibly a hard drive problem. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics and pay attention to the hard drive results.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unexpectedstoreexception-and/40b89b...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
YousufSSyed
1 Copper

Re: Issues with Inspiron 5579

I ran all of the BIOS diagnostics for the hard drive, and no errors have been found, other than the log saying "Fail PSA, v4306.13 error 2000:0155, hard drive - not installed" for each time I came across the issue. I also performed some chkdsk commands and they all said no errors.

0 Kudos