Highlighted
Ivan1982
1 Nickel

Issues with dell G5 wacom cintiq usb C

Hello all,

I would like if someone is able to help me with this issue.

I have problems with G5 Not recognizing wacom cintiq 16 pro when i am using USB-C port on my laptop.

Although CIntiq is running in monitor mode fine in UHD(4k) over usb-c, whatever i do i am not able to make it recognized.

I have searched forum far an wide and i see there are more people having same troubles.

Other wacom tablets function perfectly on this computer.

System is win 10 pro 1803, latest bios 1.6.1, 16gb of ram, 1060... latest drivers, clean, doesn't smoke and break lights function perfectly Smiley Happy

When i plug in dell power manager shows error charging message:

"You have attached a power adapter to a port that does not accept power." everything starts to stutter and lag.

I come to realization that maybe bios could be culprit (found some info on the forum that people had working cintiqs before they upgraded bios)

Unfortunately i am unable to revert to 1.2.1 bios to test it.

Does anyone have solution to this, some workaround for bios downgrade or something else that i am missing.

Wacom link does work but that is currently not viable option as i need 4k because other reasons.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Ivan1982
1 Nickel

Re: Issues with dell G5 wacom cintiq usb C

Anyone?
0 Kudos
jonn5
1 Nickel

Hi, probably I have a similar issue with the Cintiq 13 pro and Precision 5520 / 7520. Connected over thunderbolt the screen works but touch/pen is not working (driver does not recognize the tablet and some usb devices are in a endless connect/ disconnect loop). Seems to be a common issue with no solution. Today I started a post on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/a7yiof/wacom_cintiq_pro_thunderbolt_and_dell_a_bad/
0 Kudos
Ivan1982
1 Nickel

It does sound like same issue, wacom support on their forum said it will contact dell to help them resolve this issues if possible... I saw people here claimed it worked with earlier bios. I wish we have clear confirmation, and also it would be nice to hear something from dell on this matter.

0 Kudos

Hi, Ivan,

Thanks for bringing this our notice. I will be glad to look into this and assist you.

As you already tried all the steps and even have the latest BIOS on the system installed. Could you confirm if you are getting an error message stating “You have attached a power adapter to a port that does not accept power. Attach a power adapter to your system's power port.”?
Also, is the system very slow when booting up if the tablet is connected over USB-C?
And does it lag and stutters even with just Wacom supplied USB-C to USB-C cable connected?

Once we have observations done on all this, I will have my level 3 team engaged and have this reviewed. Request you to provide all these details along with system Service Tag via private message.

To send a private message, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the details and Service Tag, registered name & email address.

-Farooq

0 Kudos
Ivan1982
1 Nickel

Hello Farooq,

Yes i can confirm all issues you mentioned are happening.

I will send you private message regarding this issues with data you need.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos

Hi, Ivan,

I have responded to you via private message. 

-Farooq

0 Kudos
jonn5
1 Nickel

@DCFAdmin @Ivan1982

Please if you have any updates about this issue, please share it here.

Currenty I alos have a tickets about this at wacom and dell open and wait for response.

Thanks and kind regards.

0 Kudos
Ivan1982
1 Nickel

Hey @john5,

I am currently exchanging private messages with Dell and Wacom support to help resolve this issue.

You can explain what exactly you are experiencing, it will help troubleshooting this problem. 

There are lot of people having this issue but they do not provide details.

Please include model of notebook, BIOS, SF, and Wacom HW you are using.

Take care,

Ivan

0 Kudos
jonn5
1 Nickel

Hi @Ivan1982 

Like in my previous post mentioned the error occurs when the tablet is connected by Thunderbolt (respectively USB-C). The screen works but no touch/ pen functionality. In 1 of 10 times connecting the tablet everything works immediately (if the tablet is conected with the usb/ displayport adapter it works alway immediately). In the other cases an usb "connect/ disconnect loop" runs in the background ( see also reddit post, there is a screenshot of the usb event log https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/a7yiof/wacom_cintiq_pro_thunderbolt_and_dell_a_bad/ )

Hardware Details:

* Wacom Cintiq Pro 13

* Dell Precision 5520 with latest available Driver etc., FW BIOS1.12.1 Windows 10 64 bit

* To prove it’s not a hardware defect I test it with a Dell Precision 7520 with the same error behavior

(Really strange: I used the tablet one year ago on a DELL 5510 without any problems.. probably because of older drivers/ firmware)

Best wishes

0 Kudos