Highlighted
primordialnyx
1 Copper

Keyboard backlight flashing

So my keyboard backlight will start flickering/flashing whenever I put my laptop on sleep mode and go to wake it up. This would happen only when I put my laptop on sleep mode. My laptop doesn't respond (both touch screen, spacebar/keyboard and trackpad) to anything other than me turning my laptop on and off again. I've tried updating my laptop and even searching if I needed an update and nothing's worked. 

I recently got this laptop over the summer (June or July 2018) and I'm definitely confused as to why its doing that.

Here is what I have:

Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1.

specs.png

If anyone could help me out, that'd be great!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Keyboard backlight flashing

Hi Primordialnyx,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Your post does not indicate if you have performed a systems diagnostics to troubleshoot the hardware.  If you haven't done so, please run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.

If there are none, please try performing a system restore by doing the following:

A) Disconnect all peripherals(printer, external drive, etc...) from computer

B) Power off computer

C) Unplug the AC adapter from computer and wall socket 

D) Remove Battery from the computer

E) Press and hold in the "Power On" button for 15 seconds then release

F) Plug in the AC adapter into the wall socket, then the computer

G) Press the "Power On" button.

Hopefully your computer run normally.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos