Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

April 4th, 2020 23:00

Keyboard backlight

Hello There

I recently purchased a Dell G3 Gaming laptop and would like to personalise it to my own personal use

But i cant seem to change the keyboard backlight colour at all

I've tried going though the system configuration but there's no options in there to change the colour.

any help would be appreciated 

34 Posts

April 5th, 2020 00:00

I just did a little digging around for you and it looks like the G3 is only single color. I found that on a couple of different sites by doing a quick google search. "Change backlit keyboard color Dell G3 gaming laptop" It looks like it's only available on G5 & G7 models but that was just a quick 10 min look. Sorry I couldn't help more...

34 Posts

April 5th, 2020 00:00

I'm far from a pro and I don't know your particular pc, but when I was shopping for my new one, I found that not all the backlit keyboard models have the RGB option. As was the case with mine, I wanted a new 360° hinge, "2 in 1" unit. My laptop is just fine but NO backlit keyboard at all and I purchased one of the 2 in 1 units for a good friend/roomate. After setting it up and playing around with it a little I decided I wanted one. The issue I was having was that I couldn't find one with exactly what I wanted all the way around so I had to make some choices on what I could sacrifice versus the more important attributes. I could get it with either the plain blueish white or the RGB but the RGB didn't have one of the more important things I wanted so I let the colors go for more storage. I'm not implying that this is the case with yours but I figured I'd throw it out there to see if it may be so you don't pull your hair out trying to figure out something that isn't there. Good luck and I hope you get it working if it is equipped.

May 14th, 2020 06:00

im selling the rgb keyboard its been pulled of a G7 7790 you need to check if it fits.

34 Posts

September 2nd, 2021 05:00

There are keyboards that will fit but the problem is power for them. It seems I would have to use the connector for the second data drive for power and that's not an option as the storage drive is more important to me than the backlit keyboard so I just bought a Bluetooth keyboard. A bonus to this option is that I can use the keyboard with up to 3 devices at the same time by pressing a button on it so that's my solution. 

No Events found!