Highlighted
MadMax1986
1 Copper

LCD Light bleeding on Dell 7773

Hi,

I've recently bought a new Dell 7773 laptop from a reseller in US and noticed light bleeding or IPS glow in all corners around the screen and it slightly disappears only when I push the screen bezel.

The  below image is not the actual image of my display panel but the issue in that image is very similar to what I have.

Is that normal?

If this issue is covered by the warranty, how could I transfer the warranty to my local Dell dealer as I live in Jordan?

imageproxy.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: LCD Light bleeding on Dell 7773

No one can see this image, but chances are the only way you'll get the system replaced is to return it to the reseller from which you purchased it. Support in that part of the world is through dealers only - and it's highly unlikely any of them will support or repair a system they did not sell.

0 Kudos
MadMax1986
1 Copper

Thank you for your prompt response,.

Anyways, Can I order a new LCD assembly from Dell website and how much does it cost?
0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

You'd have to call for the price, but for a 17" touchscreen assembly I'd estimate about $400 - possibly more.

0 Kudos
MadMax1986
1 Copper

Well, is there any link available in order to purchase the assembly from Dell website?
One more question please, is light bleeding common issue in IPS LCD panels and at what point should the panel be replaced?
0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

You cannot order parts such as LCD assemblies online - nor will Dell ship them internationally.  In the US, the number to call is 

1-800-357-3355

The answer to the other question depends on your opinion - Dell offers a 30-day guarantee of satisfaction, so if you're not happy you can return the system.  If purchased through a reseller, you'll need to ask about their policy, which may differ.

Any new system with which you're not happy is better replaced than repaired - if you replace the panel, you'll void the warranty, assuming the system has a warranty on it (it likely doesn't, short of your returning it to the reseller).

0 Kudos