Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

May 20th, 2018 03:00

Laptop Inspiron 15 3000 Series Switches off when moved on battery mode !!

Hi,

I have a Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 3000 Series with windows 10 running on it. On power cable, the laptop works fine but when on battery mode, the moment you lift the laptop for moving, especially holding it from the base closer to you, it switches off as if the battery has been removed.

I read many threads on the forum and did diagnostics but no error was reported. Just to clear the doubt of battery issue, I bought another battery but the same problem of switching off by moving the laptop on battery mode persists.

Please note that on power cable it works fine during moving and even shaking it a little or by adjusting the screen lid. No issues at all.

One time I tried holding from the base closer to the lid joint and surprisingly, it did not switched off while moving on battery mode.

I guess the problem could be in the motherboard closer to you.

Please advice if it can be resolved and kindly do not suggest any solution which you have already suggested to other users like safe mode, Bios Diagnostics etc, etc. Kindly give a firm solution or accept that your laptop design is faulty.

Regards,

Rajnish Kumar Rohatgi

Dubai, UAE.

1 Message

February 7th, 2020 21:00

I been having the same problem lately and it has been really annoying and inconvenient to keep turning on my laptop after it shuts down from the simplest movement, and obviously that shouldn’t happen. I tried the methods mentioned above in hopes of it fixing the problem but still with no use. 
How tf can I fix this 

1 Message

November 24th, 2020 20:00

I am also facing this issue, tried with replacing battery no luck. Its fault in the design. is there any solution???

No Events found!