Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

February 28th, 2018 17:00

Laptop Screen flickering

Dell Inspiron 5559 screen flickering

Sir I have bought Inspiron 5559 a year back and now its display is flickering and showing green and pink colours. My laptop warranty is  expired a month back. Also the flickering is there while starting my laptop and the dell logo appear and even in. My laptop's service tag is . Please fix the display issue.uh

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2018 05:00

If you're able to boot into windows, type Device Manager onto search box, expand Display Adapters, right click Video driver, select Uninstall (don't check the box that says delete driver) and then restart system. This should refresh the video driver, hopefully there's no more flickering.

If refreshing the video driver doesn't work:

Please enter service tag number (or use Detect PC) onto the link below. After, select Detect Drivers in your Dell Product Support page - Inspiron 5559). The dell utility will search drivers (BIOS, Chipset, Video) and firmware for the system.

Support | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2018 07:00

Please click on link below for addition information.

Troubleshooting Display or Video Issues on Dell Laptop LCD ...

1 Message

October 15th, 2018 14:00

flickering.PNG

which is the video driver in this scenario?

2 Posts

November 1st, 2018 06:00

i am facing thesame issue, my laptop is dell 3542 i have updated the bios to A14 and it still happening

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 07:00

My OS is KDE neon and when I reboot my system it flicker and before the splash screen it pops up the symbols on multiple occasions ^[[1 and sometime when I open my terminal this symbols types on it own and aslo stops my touch pad from working.

April 15th, 2019 08:00

I have the exact same laptop, and had the exact same problem, which presented itself out of warranty.

From scouring the Internet, it seems a lot of the LCD screens in our laptops are going bad. It's not typically the BIOS, the drivers, or the cable. It's usually the screen itself. it starts with blocky lines (artifacts) across or down the screen, and eventually gets worse until the entire screen goes black. Once the laptop warms up, it can go back to normal. Or, if you twist the screen a little, you can get it to flicker back to life. That works for a while, until you have to twist it so much you crack the glass. Which my daughter did. She felt terrible, but it was not her fault. The laptop was almost unusable.

I bought a new screen and installed it myself. The laptop works perfectly again. Dell should admit they had a bad batch of LCD screens.

June 19th, 2020 07:00

Do not expect any support from the Del organisation their phone support will be more then happy to insult you and just deny to support you even if the issue is a well known issue of some of their notebooks. The cruel reality is that many of the Del machines have these issues including my xps 15.

For a few months the screen continued flickering and after trying any fix that you can possible find it still wasnt solved. 2 weeks ago some magic had occured and my screen flickering was gone without a sense of knowledge why it was good again but fortunately I didnt get my hopes up yet because my laptop has decided to go back to screenflickering like a christmas tree's lights.

Calling the Dell support is useless and a waste of time. Your better of going to your job and earn back the reparation costs and find a local computer shop (make sure they are not an official partner from Dell because if they are thry will either say your laptop cannot be repaired but they can replace your laptop for a new one with discount ( scam 1 ) of they tell you to contact the dell firma yourself because they are aware of a problem in the machines that they officially arent allowed to expose or solve (by contract with Dell)

This organisation is one of the biggest mafia oriented firms in the computer industry.

Ps: their phone support staff who often is doing the support through out there home are More focused to their tv shows (which you can literally hear in the background).

September 22nd, 2021 21:00

I totally agree with Jaimy and it happened with me as well that suddenly out of nowhere my screen for Vostro 5471 started flockering and it completely went black. After that one day it magically went fine for 2 months until again it started giving flickering issues. It seems that nowdays Dell display batches are of quite inferior quality due to which we are all suffering quality issues with Dell Laptops.

I felt it might be due to the display cable but need to check with Dell Service center once otherwise need to pay hefty amount for the Lcd replacement.

No Events found!