Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

January 31st, 2018 14:00

Laptop arrived, how do I return it?

So after waiting 13 days for my laptop to come it's now here but.........don't think I want it!! I was over charged and it's taken as long for Dell to refund me the difference. I'm told that "experts" are on the case!! This really doesn't bode well for any potential issues under warranty does it? I mean if I'm getting little joy with a simple Paypal refund what's it going to be like to return a faulty machine!!?
So, if I don't get my refund soon I'll have to send it back, anyone else done this? It's killing me but the box is going to stay sealed ready to make it's journey back.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

My understanding is that if you return it for the reason you state, you could be charged a 15% restocking fee.

It might work out better for you to use the laptop and see if there are any defects. If so, then no restocking fee when you return it.

Dell's Return Policy

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

You'll need to call Dell to arrange an RMA -- bear in mind there is a restocking charge of 15% on returns that are non-defective.

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/terms-conditions/art-us-return-policy

January 31st, 2018 16:00

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 31st, 2018 22:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

Please share a brief on the issue/ reason you would like to return the computer.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

18 Posts

February 1st, 2018 02:00

The reason I want to return a laptop is that I took an age to decide to buy Dell. I saw a machine I liked and it was a bonus to see that there was free shipping and a discount. I applied the code, made my payment and awaited the whole machine to be put in place (delivery from China). I instantly had a message from Paypal that I was going to be charged £1059, I saved this doc for my records. Three days later on notification of my order being escalated to processed I see that the Paypal amount has increased to £1198.99!!!

I appreciate the offer of help from admin but believe me this has been going on for 11 days now and I don't want to waste any more time giving out the same details to be told "an expert" is on the case. Great to hear that I may get charged for what some might call incompetent/fraudulent behaviour!! Icing on the cake.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 1st, 2018 04:00

"it was a bonus to see that there was free shipping "

In addition to a re-stocking fee, Dell can charge you the cost of that "free" shipping!

A couple of other places where you might get some help is the Customer Care board,  which advises on these sorts of bungles, and if you think the charge was fraudulent appeal it to PayPal resolution.

18 Posts

February 1st, 2018 05:00

Thanks been there, doing that Jim! Paypal find it very unusual and confirm the two payments. Believe me if Paypal sort this out there will be no re-stocking or return fee and looking at the very friendly terms and conditions I failed to have read those points. Well apart from "then you will be refunded pro-rata based on the Services performed up until the date of receipt by Dell of the cancellation notice."

18 Posts

February 1st, 2018 14:00

@Jim Coates wrote:

In addition to a re-stocking fee, Dell can charge you the cost of that "free" shipping!

Just had confirmation that Dell would not do either charge for re-stocking or return postage.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 17th, 2020 13:00

You have posted in the wrong forum as an answer to an old post. Call Dell Support or Start a new post in Customer Care Form and mention your computer model and operating system. This is a user to user technical forum.

5 Posts

June 17th, 2020 13:00

We have problem with Microphone and VideoCard. When we call to support they said that the application would be reviewed within 24 hours. We asked for the case number and the dispatcher looked for it for 10 minutes to give it to us.

IMG_20200617_112628.jpg

No Events found!